• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tank Nation Thread

But if the NHL wanted to make sure a market didn't fail, getting the smallest market the #1 would make sense. Whether we get Wright or not, we will still sell out and sell the same merch. ARI gets the best player potentially, it could mean more TV rev, extra sales, more gate rev when they get a new arena etc.. So they have more to gain by ARI getting Wright no?

It's a pretty historic year in term of mediocrity across the league. In almost any other season we would be guaranteed to finish bottom 2. About 7 teams this year won't reach 70 points, which is unheard of. The most was 4 during the McDavid sweepstakes. Toronto nabbed Matthews with a 69 points season.

But if the NHL wanted to make sure a market didn't fail, getting the smallest market the #1 would make sense. Whether we get Wright or not, we will still sell out and sell the same merch. ARI gets the best player potentially, it could mean more TV rev, extra sales, more gate rev when they get a new arena etc.. So they have more to gain by ARI getting Wright no?
Wright is not Bedard. He won’t have that kind of impact in Arizona.

It’s a process involving 1000 number combinations with a bunch of accountants from Ernst and Young and representatives from the teams there to oversee it. Think the rigging conspiracies are kinda crazy.

Did Count steal your account?

I highly doubt Bettman is going to jeopardize his job for Laffy.
Not to mention the independent firm that oversees everything risking their entire business on it. It's ridiculous to think that it's rigged.

It’s a process involving 1000 number combinations with a bunch of accountants from Ernst and Young and representatives from the teams there to oversee it. Think the rigging conspiracies are kinda crazy.

Yup , I was kidding except the Ewing NBA draft

If it was rigged CMD isnt going to Edmonton and 34 goes to Zona

I think Patrick Kane is a actually a very good comparable for Bedard.

I'm not convinced he's a center at the NHL level, simply because there aren't 5'9" centers in the league for a reason. Brayden Point being the one exception in the whole league, and he's 5'10" / 5'11" ish.

Plenty of 5'8" 5'9" wingers, though.

I think Patrick Kane is a actually a very good comparable for Bedard.

I'm not convinced he's a center at the NHL level, simply because there aren't 5'9" centers in the league for a reason. Brayden Point being the one exception in the whole league, and he's 5'10" / 5'11" ish.

Plenty of 5'8" 5'9" wingers, though.

Exactly , and he needs to fill out and add muscle

I think Fantilli is also a legit top pick contender , he is built like a tank

A mix of Matthew Ktachuk with better overall skill and finesse

Its a great draft to tank

Back