• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fantastically Beautiful Joyously Superfun 22-23 Season Celebration Thread

PP P/60 2 yrs

Rielly - 5.67
Karlsson - 5.30

The only guys more productive are players who simply aren't getting traded: Josi, Hedman, Fox, Makar, McAvoy, Dahlin or guys who are complete pieces of shit at 5v5 who make Rielly look like Scott Stevens reincarnated defensively. Tyson Barrie, Quinn Hughes.

Remember when we had Tyson Barrie and he just banged mediocre point one timers constantly?

So yeah, I've love to have McAvoy too but short of trading them Marner or Matthews, I don't see it happening.

If Karlsson could be had with 50% retention, he'd probably be the biggest impact add we could dream up for the deadline.

Fucking 58 points would lead our team right now, better than Marner, Matthews, Willy and Tavares, which is nothing short of incredible. He'd give us that PP threat, whether added with Rielly back there or just replacing Rielly and playing with the Core 4 on PP1. Ditch Muzz's contract in the exchange and you've basically added him with net zero effect on the cap.

Just happened to see a replay on my feed, and Rielly's play on that Bergeron tap-in...jesus christ. First he takes a lazy swipe at the loose puck, it gets deflected straight to Marchand, so Rielly forgets Bergeron and rushes over to the other side to try in vain to stop Marchand, achieving nothing in the process. He doesn't deflect the puck, he doesn't drop to the ice to block the pass, literally nothing. And Bergeron is just standing there ready for the pass. Turned the momentum around when we were up one.

Can’t blame them for trying to strike when the iron’s hot during an unexpected vintage elite Karlsson season.

But if they do genuinely want to move on from him, they’ll have to come down from that ask.

PP P/60 2 yrs

Rielly - 5.67
Karlsson - 5.30

The only guys more productive are players who simply aren't getting traded: Josi, Hedman, Fox, Makar, McAvoy, Dahlin or guys who are complete pieces of shit at 5v5 who make Rielly look like Scott Stevens reincarnated defensively. Tyson Barrie, Quinn Hughes.

Remember when we had Tyson Barrie and he just banged mediocre point one timers constantly?

So yeah, I've love to have McAvoy too but short of trading them Marner or Matthews, I don't see it happening.

misleading to use two year splits - we know karlsson is much closer to the play driver that he is capable of this year. Also, very different PP quality players to play with.

Last edited:
San Jose allegedly wants 3 1sts and they'll retain up to 18% of his contract.

So he can't be had for 50% retention.

Yeh if true - that sucks. But can also get a second team involved in terms of retention. I think the ask will go down - but guessing not this trade deadline as they will want to strike when less teams are capped out. But this current version of EK added to the line up with maybe only losing kerfoot/Holl from the roster (assuming has to go for salary) would be a stronger add than a 3C or 2LW.

We all know what he could offer this PP and 5 on 5 he is so freakin dangerous and creative. Would imagine if Leetch was a gift to watch for the short time we had him - this would be similar.

Gio-EK
Swedish Duo
MR-Brodie
Timmins

That’s pretty epic and weirdly possible to do if Dubas wants to put his chips in. With enough retention coukd still add a forward piece (3C) - maybe not as sexy of a name.

Last edited:
Yeh if true - that sucks. But can also get a second team involved in terms of retention. I think the ask will go down - but guessing not this trade deadline as they will want to strike when less teams are capped out. But this current version of EK added to the line up with maybe only losing kerfoot/Holl from the roster (assuming has to go for salary) would be a stronger add than a 3C or 2LW.

We all know what he could offer this PP and 5 on 5 he is so freakin dangerous and creative. Would imagine if Leetch was a gift to watch for the short time we had him - this would be similar.

Gio-EK
Swedish Duo
MR-Brodie
Timmins

That’s pretty epic and weirdly possible to do if Dubas wants to put his chips in. With enough retention coukd still add a forward piece (3C) - maybe not as sexy of a name.

It’s one thing to get a second team involved in retention on an expiring contract that’s being traded at the deadline.

Quite another thing to do it on a large contract that still has four more years left on it after this season.

It’s one thing to get a second team involved in retention on an expiring contract that’s being traded at the deadline.

Quite another thing to do it on a large contract that still has four more years left on it after this season.

I would take the gamble. Would predict at least two solid seasons and can deal with it after that. Might have to eat more cap or futures - but whatever. I want to win now - can’t keep thinking about 3 years from now

But would want to get him down to $5-6M (ish) - I would pull the trigger as long as the futures are dumb like 3 firsts. I’m betting we can manage that cap in the short term future, especially with Muzzin likely done now.

If we need a second team, would look at Arizona that would likely enjoy putting fake money on their cap until this hypothetical arena is built. Or the tanking teams like the hawks. Might mean SJ gets less from us and the second team takes the difference. Whatever. But to teams that are not planning to compete - taking on an extra million might not be as bad as we think if it makes it work with SJ.

Not gonna lie, giving up three firsts in a year we know we're playing Tampa and then prob Boston gives me some nightmares.

I would propose it’s going to be 2023 1st, one of our top prospects, and a second or third in 2025 that becomes a protected first if blah blah happens (aka we win the cup in 2023 or 2024) and kerfoot/Holl (Holl depending on what else dubas wants to do and needed cap space) + they eat 35-40 percent of salary.

I am fine swinging big on EK and finding a different Center that doesn’t have the name value of a o’reilly etc… Less of what EK offers around vs third line center upgrades when we want our top two centres to play 42-44 minutes a night. I would also take an elite 4C with great face offs + PK to give us depth there too.

This is all my imagination or course. Point being, I am fine to swing big for Erik. Would be fun to watch MR & EK with the four big boys to share the shit out of teams on a delayed penalty or when we need a goal late.

Murray was a little leaky Saturday night but he also has a better record against Florida than Sammy so maybe this is the right call

Kinda wish they wouldn't overthink it and just keep swapping.

I get the feeling they like to give Murray the start after he has a shaky game, but that kind of thinking leads to sticking with a cold goalie for no reason.

Best I can tell the best "true talent" rosters I can cobble together with GSVA rank like this:

1. BOS 33.4
2. TOR 33.3
3. CAR 32.6
4. COL 30.4
5. NJD 29.1

Back