• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fantastically Beautiful Joyously Superfun 22-23 Season Celebration Thread

RIP to our totally-legit-top-prospect, who is definitely not crafted out of the most delicate glass:

It would hurt more if he was actually a good NHL player. But he isn't yet so no loss or fear of shoehorning a non-ready prospect into the lineup.

It would hurt more if he was actually a good NHL player. But he isn't yet so no loss or fear of shoehorning a non-ready prospect into the lineup.

yeah it had become obvious he can't handle the league. still sucks though as a thin system gets even thinner.

RIP to our totally-legit-top-prospect, who is definitely not crafted out of the most delicate glass:

Useless.

Injury prone guys are the WORST. Should've traded him last deadline for a legit top sixer.

Lots of missed opportunities with these shitty injured guys * cough Muzz cough *

At least now we have a shut down F to go with our shut down D.

Fun fact:

By the time end of September 2023 rolls around and the Leafs are getting ready to start their season, Nick Robertson will have played a grand total of 86 professional hockey games in his past 1300 days.

Even if the injury problems magically disappear, that is a shit ton of crucial development time missed.

I still really trust glasses on player evaluation at lower levels. It's his biggest strength, imo. almost all of our draft picks seem to have strong d+1 seasons and we're turning ahl free agents and echlers into useful nhlers (dubas plucked holl outta the echl, mcmann from growlers to marlies to leafs, sign douglas for the marlies, turn him into timmins).

i'm not down on our system. i see a bunch of guys with nhl potential and a development staff that seems to be working well. think they need a little more time.

I'm high on our system, actually.

I think we have some great prospects, way better than what we should have considering our finishes near the top of the standings for years.

I still really trust glasses on player evaluation at lower levels. It's his biggest strength, imo. almost all of our draft picks seem to have strong d+1 seasons and we're turning ahl free agents and echlers into useful nhlers (dubas plucked holl outta the echl, mcmann from growlers to marlies to leafs, sign douglas for the marlies, turn him into timmins).

i'm not down on our system. i see a bunch of guys with nhl potential and a development staff that seems to be working well. think they need a little more time.

Honestly, it’s impressive our prospect system still looks as good as it does even with Robertson largely being out of the picture since his draft+1 year, on top of a recent first round pick being stricken with brain cancer.

And another plus more given up for Foligno, which was a trade that had to have been brought on by some sort of brain cancer.

Back