• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Offseason Thread - Why bother waiting?

$2M seems like more of a double. $1M or so feels equivalent to a bunt here.

Yeah, $2M? What?

How would that even be a consideration for a dude who's played 26 total NHL games and will be turning 26 before the start of next season? If he wants to come here and chase a bigger contract, I'm all for giving him that shot, but only on something close to the NHL minimum.

Bunting is a fun pickup if it's <$2m.

Dude has 26 career games, it had better be for less than 2 million and a fair bit lower than 2 million. His AHL track record is also good, but only just good.

10 goals in 21 games is fun. 26% shooting on those 10 goals is not.

I know this has nothing to do with anything currently going on, but I just saw this picture on Facebook, love this photo.
Face full of acupuncture needles trying to deal with sinus issues he had.
0903A58C-D9D0-4A39-BD0F-17D8A3CB08FE.jpeg

Granlund and Bunting are easy because they went after Granlund last year and Bunting has the Soo connection. That and every goalie is on their shortlist. There aren't any leaks coming out of Toronto.

May have some JVR to him minus a bunch of the skill. Gets to the greasy areas. Small sample but he seemed to complement Garland well so it's worth a flyer to see if he can hang with the skill in Toronto. Assuming he's cheap it's a low risk move to potentially fill a slot that they need filled cheaply.

Those are all goalscorers goals. Shows speed, shot, hand-eye, and a nose for the crease.

Nerdies say he's good defensively too.

You never know with guys like that. Some players just take longer to develop like Marchessault, Gourde etc. Dubas has tried to take a chance on a number of these guys who became AHL stars in their mid 20s but wasn't able to sign them (Gourde, Czarnik). He's likely nothing, but its worth a shot.

With a guy like Vesey or Boyd you know what you're getting.

Back