• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Offseason Thread - Why bother waiting?

Even after Freddie's debacle in the Ayers game... they're still looking at him?

Carolina never has been known to be great at sussing goalies.

That being said from the outside looking in Freddy is a prime bounceback candidate. They probably pay him like a go to starter tho.

If NHLers have been plucked from the 7th round, 5th rounders have value. You can’t have a draft with just three picks and say no to that deal.

Totally disagree.

Fuck the Oilers policy doesn’t help us improve.

5th rounders have a less than 8% chance of playing a single game, where the Oilers would be getting 8-years of cap relief. Dubas showed his integrity and did good in holding out and not helping the Oilers out.

Retention has a pretty well established value around the league. A 5th and a 7th isnt what 600k in retention for 8 yrs is worth.

No reason to do them a cheap favour

The Leafs have used cap space as an asset. They got a 4th to eat I think $400k of Lehner's contract at the deadline a couple years ago.

The Oilers wanted that x 8.

No reason to devalue your asset.

I personally hate Kyle's well earned reputation of being soft and easily walked on. This won't change it but it's a step.

Kyle has to eventually show balls and can't be walked over. I'm good with this because it sends a message.

Kyle's never been walked over in any trade. Also, he's never attempted to walk over anyone else. It's always fair value for fair value.

There is an argument that he caved to marner tho.

Back