• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Offseason Thread - Why bother waiting?

Ritchie can do what Vesey was supposed to, and might have some use on the 2nd PP. Adam Erne might be a sneaky pick-up as plan B or C, for this same type of player.

I like it. He is by no means a great player, but he would be our most physical winger, and has the talent to score 15-20 goals.

Plus he's still young enough that his best years may be ahead of him.

He's decent. no more no less.

Passable as your #4 winger, but ideally he's your #5/6 winger (with a salary to match).

He's decent. no more no less.

Passable as your #4 winger, but ideally he's your #5/6 winger (with a salary to match).

He made about $1.5M for the Bruins last year. I don’t think I’d even be willing to offer him that much.

$900K or less would be a Randy Carlyle “Ok, just ok”.

He made about $1.5M for the Bruins last year. I don’t think I’d even be willing to offer him that much.

$900K or less would be a Randy Carlyle “Ok, just ok”.

really? was he still on his RFA contract last year?

at $1.5 he's a fit.

Yeah I don't know if there's space to do both. I agree, it's a lot more palatable if he isn't the teams top LW.
Im thinking it would need to be kerfoot out the door, Ritchie at $2.5-3 mil 1 year and then tarasenko at 50%

Amirov, kerfoot pick for tarasenko 50% (would prefer E Kane but making the money work would be harder)

Ritchie $3x2

Tarasenko - matthews - marner
Ritchie - tavares - nylander
Bunting - kampf - soup
Simmonds - engvall - spezza

Leafs fans might like him but I suspect the people here will hate him as much as Bruins fans did. He's a body and not much else. And I think he'll get more money than he's worth. But hopefully not.

yeah you might be right.

but fans hating a big guy that they expect to be a physical beast but who doesn't really play that way is nothing new and not a great reason not to sign him.

I like it. He is by no means a great player, but he would be our most physical winger, and has the talent to score 15-20 goals.

Plus he's still young enough that his best years may be ahead of him.
Yeah, this. He's young, has upside, and we know can at least capably play a third line role. That's good enough for me on a cheap deal.

Playoffs ES TOI

7. C Coyle 13:06
8. W Debrusk 12:44 (benched 1 game)
9. W Ritchie 11:03

10. C Kuraly 10:49
11. W Lazar 9:49
12. W Wagner 9:45

yeah that's not too encouraging. low end 3rd line usage.

really? was he still on his RFA contract last year?

at $1.5 he's a fit.

Yeah, he played out his ELC, and then signed a three year contract with an AAV just under $1.5M that ran out at the end of this season.

So I’d probably take the Vesey route and try and sell him on taking a cheap deal, potentially earning an opportunity to play on our top-2 lines, then hitting UFA again next summer.

Back