• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Pre-Season/Training Camp Thread (2019/20)

Really like the way our dmen have been stepping up in the neutral zone. Caused that goal there.

Hard to believe Sandin isn't making the team at this point.

Yeah, good work in the neutral zone this period. Tons of turnovers being forced and nice transitions.

Mikheyev's hands are legit.

I'm really really liking this preseason so far. All the right answers are happening.

Hodor-Schmaltz have a big task tomorrow night to be better than this Sandin-Marincin pair.

Kapanen thinks Willy will be one of the better Swedes to ever play when he’s done.

Breakout season.

Because Babs is babs, this Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander combo only played 173 minutes together last year. Total. Because babs needed Marleau and kappy there instead.

Shockingly, they were absolutely dominant in those 173 minutes: 56.1cf%, 59.1xgf%

Yeah he's got lots of creativity and the hands and agility to pull it off. So uses his size well to shield.

Haven't seen whether he can actually shoot it yet though.

I feel like the Leaf System in general is making a good showing. The guys that aren't making the team look good for the most part, or at least there are more positives than negatives.

Lots of Dubas here.

Not dominant like last game but pretty good.

1. Top line is just dominant
2. Agostino the only borderline forward to really stand out.
3. Sandin-Marincin looked legit really good.
4. Andy was sharp and needed to be.

Good summary.

Also, after a really good first game, Rielly-Ceci came out with a big wet fart but came around midway through the game. A little stiffer comp this game than last, I think.

5v5 adj

Rielly 19:16, 53.6cf%, 61.4xgf%
Ceci 19:22, 57.5cf%, 63.1xgf%

Sandin 19:39, 44.3cf%, 42.6xgf%
Marincin 17:03, 47.6cf%, 37.4xgf%

Lilly 18:15, 53.8cf%, 50.1xgf%
Rubins 14:31, 69.4cf%, 67.2xgf%

a little surprised, tbh. I thought sandin-marincin would have had better numbers than Rielly-Ceci tonight.

He's been a pleasant surprise.

Pretty good on the blobs for both ends. Leafs really dominated in the third.

20192020-10038-5v5.png

Back