• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

I'd try splitting matthews and marner, and probably give marner to tavares to help defensively.

Knies --- Matthews --- Bertuzzi
Robby/Holmberg --- Tavares --- Marner
Domi --- Jarnkrok --- Nylander
and really all 3 of those guys on the 3rd line can take turns at C.

I'd try splitting matthews and marner, and probably give marner to tavares to help defensively.

Knies --- Matthews --- Bertuzzi
Robby/Holmberg --- Tavares --- Marner
Domi --- Jarnkrok --- Nylander
and really all 3 of those guys on the 3rd line can take turns at C.
Flip Willy and Jarny and I would not be surprised if you nailed the lines to start camp and maybe the season.

If he can handle center (and I'm not fully convinced), you obviously have to just give him that 10 million.

Which is probably why this is happening. Willy has wanted to play centre before this and never got a sniff but now with 1 yr left on his deal his agent is basically demanding it if they want willy to stay.

Which is probably why this is happening. Willy has wanted to play centre before this and never got a sniff but now with 1 yr left on his deal his agent is basically demanding it if they want willy to stay.
And at this stage, he may not need any more sheltering than Tavares at center. So if Nylander can do it without compromising much (or ideally any) of his offense, it's a no brainer to follow through on this and really commit to it. If their 2c needs to be sheltered as much as JT, maybe adding another super elite offensive center that isn't any worse defensively is the move here.

And at this stage, he may not need any more sheltering than Tavares at center. So if Nylander can do it without compromising much (or ideally any) of his offense, it's a no brainer to follow through on this and really commit to it. If their 2c needs to be sheltered as much as JT, maybe adding another super elite offensive center that isn't any worse defensively is the move here.
Not to mention this would increase their flexibility come playoff time depending on matchups. Having two capable super elite offensive centers in the middle 6 would be a nice luxury because you can shift them around depending on how things look matchup-wise.

Back