• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

I mean Keefe made Holmberg a fulltime C last year once he was done giving Dubas' boy Malgin his last chance and up until the RoR trade.

looking at Mirtle's wording again (because the dude is always a slimy worder), and assuming the leafs were split into two "groups", there's a lot of reading in being down by Mirtle to make those lines.

we can assume that two of those complete lines are in each group, but as to how they're put together i think he's acknowledging he's guessing.

and I imagine the fact that Jarnkrok played on the left a lot last year, while Lafferty is nominally listed as a RW, is playing into his guessing a bit.

so we could guess which of those two "lines" is in each "group", and then do our own guessing at how each line will shake out to start.

looking at Mirtle's wording again (because the dude is always a slimy worder), and assuming the leafs were split into two "groups", there's a lot of reading in being down by Mirtle to make those lines.

we can assume that two of those complete lines are in each group, but as to how they're put together i think he's acknowledging he's guessing.

and I imagine the fact that Jarnkrok played on the left a lot last year, while Lafferty is nominally listed as a RW, is playing into his guessing a bit.

so we could guess which of those two "lines" is in each "group", and then do our own guessing at how each line will shake out to start.
With this part, he mentioned that Jarnkrok is just in a different group than Tavares and Knies and I believe different than the Nylander line as well, so he can't be on those lines to start. And he's definitely not on the Matthews line. So I sorta buy that bit.

Yeah, anyone who trusted Mirtle prior to his "it's literally armageddon here at MLSE head offices, multiple suicides, bodies hanging from rafters in the aftermath of the Dubas firing" bit, they shouldn't now.

Suicides were covered up to improve morale

Listening to the presser it sounds lot like Murray has been "eligible" for this surgery for quite some time. Obviously with the Leafs cap crunch, now's the time for them to push for it harder. Not exactly cheating since he kinda may need the procedure, but if they wanted to rely on this goalie at all this year, it sounds like something that could have been kicked down the road.

Listening to the presser it sounds lot like Murray has been "eligible" for this surgery for quite some time. Obviously with the Leafs cap crunch, now's the time for them to push for it harder. Not exactly cheating since he kinda may need the procedure, but if they wanted to rely on this goalie at all this year, it sounds like something that could have been kicked down the road.
just to go ahead and pat myself on the back a bit (and apologies ME), this shoots a pretty big hole in the 'his brain is irreparably broken' narrative being used to pre-emptively shut him down.

don't get me wrong, he's being sent to Robidas Island. just not for the reasons many of us thought he would be.

just to go ahead and pat myself on the back a bit (and apologies ME), this shoots a pretty big hole in the 'his brain is irreparably broken' narrative being used to pre-emptively shut him down.

don't get me wrong, he's being sent to Robidas Island. just not for the reasons many of us thought he would be.
Pick a surgery from a hat, he's probably eligible for it in one way or another. Dude is broken.

Pick a surgery from a hat, he's probably eligible for it in one way or another. Dude is broken.
agreed that he is broken. the previous disagreement was about exactly why we could expect him to be broken for this season!

I was on team 'seems unlikely to be his brain if he's been cleared for playoffs'. so just taking a moment to appreciate my hot take, if you'll allow it.

With this part, he mentioned that Jarnkrok is just in a different group than Tavares and Knies and I believe different than the Nylander line as well, so he can't be on those lines to start. And he's definitely not on the Matthews line. So I sorta buy that bit.
Nvm Mirtle is dumb. Jarn is in the same group as Willy

Back