• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

It's why I was never 100% on board with the Tavares signing. Always felt like they decided Willy was not a centre for reasons and decided that spending 11M on PJ boy was the only solution.

Yeah, I feel like we'd have ended up a lot further along as a team had we invested in develpoping Willy as a centre and spending that 11 million around the lineup, yeah. I've made my feelings about JT well, well knowns over the years so I'm going to pass on that today but the team results at this point are known. Whatever the JT move was about on the macro, it didn't result in team success.

Well Babcock made it known loud and clear in every public appearance that Kyle was working for him, as opposed to the opposite.

The amount of whining when Kyle got him an excellent matchup defender who just happened to shoot the wrong hand for Babcock was amazing. Should have been a fireable offence.

Most orgs can't be arsed to release actual weight measurements. Any huge bump is just from orgs that were probably still using draft weights.

Hindsight is 20/20, but it's really starting to look like everything the organization did to try to help the 3 wunderkids grow into gud pros was an epic flop.

- The 8 million dollar coach was a bully and a sociopath and probably helped foster shitty relationships that at least contributed to the less that ideal 1st contracts. We know for certain that he did dumb shit to Mitch, and we also know that 2 years in a row the twat had to make a pilgrimage to Arizona in July to try to get Auston on board with his continued bullshit. Insisted on wedging Willy on the wing, decided that Auston & Mitch should never play together and that 17-18 minutes a night was more than enough. No wonder everyone chased the fucking bag.

- Marleau was a career loser who taught them how to....what exactly? Cost us a 1st to get rid of

- Tavares is a robot with no career team success that has also taught them...what?

Fast forward a bunch of years and we've won a single playoff round, Willy wants to be paid as a centre because fuck you people for not playing me at my natural position, and Mitch is 12 months away from bending us over on an extension.

We didn't fire enough people.

Im sure top 6 Lafferty is a thing that will go over well around here.

Well looking at those lines i'd say the tavares line looks like the 3rd line.

That being said i'm actually very cool with Tavares being given two grinder type wingers. It probably plays to his strengths.

Back