• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

That does look a lot like what we all expected heading into the season. I'm done guessing if those lines actually mean TOO much tho.

yeah maybe they give a bunch of regulars rest.

Robertson - Holmberg - Jarnkrok
Knies - Minten - McMann
Gregor - Kampf - Lafferty
Clifford - Cowan - Reaves
battle royale for the last spots.

The kids have all been good enough that there's no excuse for breaking camp with Jarnkrok & Lafferty on the roster. That's 3.25 million in cap spend that can be replaced for about half. We know what Lafferty is, and we know what Jarnkrok turns into as soon as game 1 of the playoffs start. Let's see what the kids can do and course correct at the deadline if necessary.

Bert-Matthews-Marner
Domi-Tavares-Nylander
Knies-Minten-Robertson
Holmberg-Kampf-Reaves
Gregor

If Minten is just out of his depth by the end of the 9 games, slot Holmberg in at 3C or unstack the top 6 and play Willy at C until the deadline when you can re assess.

i'm always skeptical of media tactics takes, especially from a guy like Bourne, but there's some interesting points here that i think are real:

The kids have all been good enough that there's no excuse for breaking camp with Jarnkrok & Lafferty on the roster. That's 3.25 million in cap spend that can be replaced for about half. We know what Lafferty is, and we know what Jarnkrok turns into as soon as game 1 of the playoffs start. Let's see what the kids can do and course correct at the deadline if necessary.

Bert-Matthews-Marner
Domi-Tavares-Nylander
Knies-Minten-Robertson
Holmberg-Kampf-Reaves
Gregor

If Minten is just out of his depth by the end of the 9 games, slot Holmberg in at 3C or unstack the top 6 and play Willy at C until the deadline when you can re assess.
I love that.

Also I’m fantasizing about a day in the near future where they dump Kampf and his silly deal. If Minty sticks, they have to consider getting rid of that guy.

Kampf clearly isn't the 3rd line center, which was the one worry of the contract. But they have used literally every other option in that role (Willy, Minten and now Holmberg).

Of course, come playoff time Keefe uses the 4th line like Bergeron is centering it.

Back