• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

I've always hated Willy and JT together. But if Domi can help bring it together then I'm ok with it.

It also likely means Minten is making the team as the 3c. Or at least Holmberg. It's the only reason they'd abandon a pretty successful Nylander at C experiment this early when Keefe mentioned many times that they will stick to center Willy. Aka something unexpected happened aka Fraser Minten happened.

Eh, Domi could easily put up 60+ points with those two and act as a primary setup man to two above average goal scorers. Also takes a lot of neutral zone puck carrying pressure off of Willy. He's a good fit with those two.

Knies has looked good in the pre season, but he's put up 3 points in 5 games despite 1st line usage (18+ mpg) to . Definitely ready for the NHL, definitely ready for a middle 6 role, but we may want to chill before claiming he'd bring more to a 2nd line than a guy who has been top 6 forward in the NHL for almost a decade now.

Last edited:
I still want John with the plugger types and away from 88. Put JT as third line C and try out the kids or Nylander at C on line 2.

if needed on a given night - Can move JT to LW line 1/2 or move Nylander up to play w matthews/marner and play whoever is going on a given night on line 2.

JT just can’t keep up with the pace and skill of Nylander (and have a feeling domi). We watched it not work for a season already.

it means for cap purposes but he wouldn’t actually be sent to the Marlies.

he could be claimed, that contract makes it highly unlikely though.

Eh, Domi could easily put up 60+ points with those two and act as a primary setup man to two above average goal scorers. Also takes a lot of neutral zone puck carrying pressure off of Willy. He's a good fit with those two.

Knies has looked good in the pre season, but he's put up 3 points in 5 games despite 1st line usage (18+ mpg) to . Definitely ready for the NHL, definitely ready for a middle 6 role, but we may want to chill before claiming he'd bring more to a 2nd line than a guy who has been top 6 forward in the NHL for almost a decade now.
Because of our sudden strong LW situation, he could juts be a nice, solid 3rd line LW to start

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Marner
Domi - Tavares - Nylander
Knies - Minten - Robertson
Jarnkrok - Kampf - Reaves

PP1: Matthews Marner Nylander Tavares
PP2: Bertuzzi Domi Knies Robertson

PK1: Matthews Marner
PK2: Kampf Jarnkrok
PK3: Minten Knies

though they probably sign Gregor and demote robby. jarnkrok would replace robby on PP2.

Last edited:
asterisk = needs to clear waivers

Gregor* - Holmberg - Lafferty*
McMann* - Gambrell* - Clifford*
Abruzzese - Shaw* - Steeves
Hirvonen - Ovchinnikov - Ellis
Kressler - Tverberg - Voit​

Last edited:
Back