• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The New Division

Like every year, there will be surprise teams that make it and don't in each conference.

I hate Pittsburgh's defense. They did nothing to get better. They'll do well in the regular season. I just can't see them as a serious threat.
 
If TB gets goaltending, they are a serious threat. They can score goals and Hedman is a stud.

If one or more of the playoff teams from last year has to deal with injuries or they get inconsistent goaltending, they could easily slide down.

Is there a convincing reason to predict that they will though?
 
Like every year, there will be surprise teams that make it and don't in each conference.

I hate Pittsburgh's defense. They did nothing to get better. They'll do well in the regular season. I just can't see them as a serious threat.

MAF will need to not suck....isnt Vokoun out for a few months?
 
Who are the goalies in Tampa?

...why didn't they get Thomas?

Lindback & Ben Bishop if memory serves....

Lindback sucks, and Bishop might not. So yeah, if Bishop steps up as a legitimate #1, Tampa will take a jump forward. The big question with Tampa though, is 1) who replaces Vinny on the 2nd line? Filppula isn't going to, and when does Martin St Louis start to slow down? He can still be excellent for a few years, but take a step back to being a ~70 pt winger, and T Bay would suffer.
 
Ian Mendes @ian_mendes
This is bad news: Bobby Ryan just left the ice and appears to be in a lot of pain. Favoring shoulder it looks like.
 
That sucks. I don't want to see any Senators injured this year. I'm tired of hearing "we were missing ---!!" when we beat them.
 
Took a shift, bowled through the crease and set up Michalek.

Didn't come out for the 3rd, but it's for "precautionary" reasons.
 
Some predictions within the division:

Lebrun: Leafs (4th), Habs (4th), Sens (1st)
Burnside: Leafs (4th), Habs (5th), Sens (2nd)
Custance: Leafs (6th), Habs (4th), Sens (1st)
Melrose: Leafs (4th), Habs (5th), Sens (3rd)
Strang: Leafs (5th), Habs (4th), Sens (3rd)


The Habs and Leafs are being underrated, Wings and Sens being overrated. Remember, both the Wings and Sens finished behind the Leafs and Habs last year.

Everyone but this board are just Sens homers...
 
Ian Mendes @ian_mendes
This is bad news: Bobby Ryan just left the ice and appears to be in a lot of pain. Favoring shoulder it looks like.

That sucks. I don't want to see any Senators injured this year. I'm tired of hearing "we were missing ---!!" when we beat them.

Eff that. I hope he's out long-term. Ice your opening day lineup against a sad sack AHL (and that is questionable) prospect lineup?
 
Eff that. I hope he's out long-term. Ice your opening day lineup against a sad sack AHL (and that is questionable) prospect lineup?

Classy...

As for the line ups, it seemed to help the Habs...last time these teams met the final was 6-1
 
Eff that. I hope he's out long-term. Ice your opening day lineup against a sad sack AHL (and that is questionable) prospect lineup?
It's mid-preseason. Teams should be icing squads that look pretty close to their opening line-up by now.

No surprise seeing a Habs/Leafs fan hope an injury is serious though. Par for the course.
 
So are the Sens going to hang the banner for last night's win under or beside the one for the first round win?
 
Back
Top