• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The official NFL thread

It was a thrill for me this year to have people who never care when I blab about sports ask me what time the games are and if I'm watching and actually care so for that I'm grateful.

The most I usually get out of them is a "are you doing your fancy football this year?"

(fantasy, they mean fantasy).

Will be hard for Mahomes not to end up the GOAT the way his career is going unless he falls off hard the back half of his career. He's pretty much already knocking on the top 5, just doesn't have the counting stats yet.
There’s also the possibility of injury. He has the wheels to run, which can put him in to some situations that someone like TB12 was less likely to be in.

New doc on Patriots (AppleTV) should be interesting. From The Athletic

>>>Players, including several still on the roster, disclose just how difficult it was playing for Belichick. “It was brutal,” Matthew Slater said. Rob Gronkowski described pulling up to 1 Patriot Place and not wanting to get out of his car to go into work. Wes Welker compared Brady to an abused dog for continually going back to work for Belichick.

Former teammates, and occasionally Kraft too, are the ones who speak most directly about how bad the relationship between Brady and Belichick was. They describe a hostile work environment and miserable atmosphere inside the team’s headquarters.

The payoff from those final four episodes makes the overview of the Patriots from 2000 to 2015 worthwhile. The ending may not be enjoyable for Patriots fans. It leaves one with a feeling of what could’ve been had Belichick’s style been a bit different or had Brady been willing to deal with it a bit longer.

But on the whole, the documentary is gripping and a worthwhile watch, one that reveals how bad things had gotten with the Patriots before Brady’s departure.

As Kraft says, “Tom and I had a number of discussions about how Bill treated him. Tommy is very sensitive. He was always looking for Bill’s approval, almost in a father-son kind of way. And that’s not Bill’s style ever to give that.”

New doc on Patriots (AppleTV) should be interesting. From The Athletic

>>>Players, including several still on the roster, disclose just how difficult it was playing for Belichick. “It was brutal,” Matthew Slater said. Rob Gronkowski described pulling up to 1 Patriot Place and not wanting to get out of his car to go into work. Wes Welker compared Brady to an abused dog for continually going back to work for Belichick.

Former teammates, and occasionally Kraft too, are the ones who speak most directly about how bad the relationship between Brady and Belichick was. They describe a hostile work environment and miserable atmosphere inside the team’s headquarters.

The payoff from those final four episodes makes the overview of the Patriots from 2000 to 2015 worthwhile. The ending may not be enjoyable for Patriots fans. It leaves one with a feeling of what could’ve been had Belichick’s style been a bit different or had Brady been willing to deal with it a bit longer.

But on the whole, the documentary is gripping and a worthwhile watch, one that reveals how bad things had gotten with the Patriots before Brady’s departure.

As Kraft says, “Tom and I had a number of discussions about how Bill treated him. Tommy is very sensitive. He was always looking for Bill’s approval, almost in a father-son kind of way. And that’s not Bill’s style ever to give that.”
Wait. Are we talking about Belichick or Babcock?

Back