• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

This was entirely predictable - Weber might not play next season

Yeah he could
I only saw him near the end in the 60s, but Harvey basically controlled the games, in the last half of 1950s especially. He was the main man, probably the key player on the 5 Cup run from what I gather. A 21 or 30 team league would have only made it easier for him.....he returned to the NHL at 44 near the end of 1967-68 when (according to Scotty's book)Scotty asked him to send up Kansas City's best defenceman (he was player coach there, and felt he was the best defenceman). He had been drinking and fooling about in the minors for several years, decided to play seriously for Scotty and took over the Blues, leading them to the final by winning the expansion division. You could still see the brilliance. I remember he had no legs but was like an adult fooling around with kids on a pond at times. Playing totally with his head. Can you imagine had he been in shape like Chelios, who also played into old age?

My fondest memories of Weber will undoubtably be the recent run. I agree he has been a fine, wonderful Hab. But not in that camp.

Last edited:
I cannot remember the last time Renaud Lavoie was the first to announce an important breaking news....

He usually re-tweets McKenzie or Dreger's breaking news, even regarding the Habs

Which i always thought was funny, how come all these French journalists following the Habs 24/7, 365 days a year, but it's the distant journalist in Toronto that doesn't follow the team (McKenzie-Dreger-others) that always break the Habs news first

I cannot remember the last time Renaud Lavoie was the first to announce an important breaking news....

He usually re-tweets McKenzie or Dreger's breaking news, even regarding the Habs

Which i always thought was funny, how come all these French journalists following the Habs 24/7, 365 days a year, but it's the distant journalist in Toronto that doesn't follow the team (McKenzie-Dreger-others) that always break the Habs news first
Because most head offices are English. Bergevin even users English with the boys upstairs.

Back