• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

This was entirely predictable - Weber might not play next season

Totally predictable, just like the last two years of the Price and Gallagher contracts (one of the reasons why I never got so bent about the Gally deal). I see a scenario where in 25-26, the team has the Weber, Price and Gally on LTIR for $24.85 million ($14.5 actual dollars).

Man I loved Weber and am totally sad about this. He is the closest thing we have ever had to the greatest defenseman in franchise history, Chris Chelios.
Not even close to top 10 in our history
I'm with Geeman. Weber is nowhere near the greatest defenseman in franchise history which, by the way, is NOT Chris Chelios. In no particular order...

Doug Harvey
Larry Robinson
Serge Savard
Guy Lapointe
Emile Bouchard
Tom Johnson
Jacques Laperriere
Rod Langway
Chris Chelios
Ken Reardon

There's 10 guys right there who are all Hall of Famers and Cup winners. Of the non-HOF crop we have guys like Svoboda, Schneider, Engblom, Green, Ludwig, Desjardins, Rivet, Souray, Markov and, of course, Subban.

Last edited:
True, but it did not stop MB with Aho.....might as well go for broke!
The Aho offer sheet was so weak that the Canes' twitter account was trolling the Habs 5 minutes after the offer was tendered. Bergevin did it just to say he tried. He had no intention of the offer actually being accepted. It was a comically lowball offer.

The Aho offer sheet was so weak that the Canes' twitter account was trolling the Habs 5 minutes after the offer was tendered. Bergevin did it just to say he tried. He had no intention of the offer actually being accepted. It was a comically lowball offer.
Or he did the Canes owner a favor. No long contact negotiation with aho.

I'm with Geeman. Weber is nowhere near the greatest defenseman in franchise history which, by the way, is NOT Chris Chelios. In no particular order...
That's not what I said (bolded part).

Never saw Harvey but he could have never done what Chelios did through the 80s, 90s, and 2000's in a 21 and 24 team league.

Back