• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

This was entirely predictable - Weber might not play next season

Bergevin's plan coming into fruition
I'm starting to see a few things evident, like Bergevin decided screw everyone and did this for Weber. There's no way he didn't know this was coming and Weber had possibly one more year. So much makes sense when considering that. I'm also expecting him to pull a Kucherov with Weber and get him back for Playoffs. That's of they make it and that's where new acquisitions come in, the team with the willingness to spend can pick up some top notch players.

It is a shame if it is the end for Shea. Being from my old hometown, I have followed him since he started playing for my Rockets. Funny bit about that is that he was never drafted in the WHL; the Rockets only put him on their protected list after the Sicamous Eagles GM (Jr B) had informed them about Weber and the rest is history.

That being said, despite all of that, I was not a fan of the trade when it happened because I love PK and thought he was the better, younger player. Because the trade was for Weber, it kept me from punching the cat when the trade was announced. However, Shea has been tremendous for the Habs and if this is indeed the end, I am glad that he was able to play on the biggest stage with hockey's most storied franchise

I could see him getting into coaching, perhaps with one of the local Junior A teams around here like his buddy Josh Gorges has

That RNH contract set the bar though and these players won't be happy. Some will get Toffoli'd.

That RNH contact set the bar though and these players won't be happy. Some will get Toffoli'd.
All of them except the elite - and even they will need to contain their “irrational exuberance”

I posted the other day, lots of chatter Stan Kroenke (Avs owner) has mandated salary cuts to Sakic. Let’s see what last minute negotiations lead to...

I'm starting to see a few things evident, like Bergevin decided screw everyone and did this for Weber. There's no way he didn't know this was coming and Weber had possibly one more year. So much makes sense when considering that. I'm also expecting him to pull a Kucherov with Weber and get him back for Playoffs. That's of they make it and that's where new acquisitions come in, the team with the willingness to spend can pick up some top notch players.

How did Bergy say "screw everyone"

Conspiracies are more entertaining than the truth but it's more likely that Weber simply has too many legit injuries, and is getting too old to deal with them other than going on LITR until his contract expires.

How did Bergy say "screw everyone"

Conspiracies are more entertaining than the truth but it's more likely that Weber simply has too many legit injuries, and is getting too old to deal with them other than going on LITR until his contract expires.
Of course that's what it is but I'm saying Bergevin knew way ahead of time that this was coming and likely incorporated it into his plans. It makes so much sense when you plug in the pieces. It goes from Bergevin being willy nilly to Bergevin really going all in with a plan.

Of course that's what it is but I'm saying Bergevin knew way ahead of time that this was coming and likely incorporated it into his plans. It makes so much sense when you plug in the pieces. It goes from Bergevin being willy nilly to Bergevin really going all in with a plan.
Can’t discount circumstance aligning in the orgs favor...pandemic creating lack of competition for available assets via UFA & trade

Can’t discount circumstance aligning in the orgs favor...pandemic creating lack of competition for available assets via UFA & trade
I see that as Bergevin seeing the opportunity for what it was and convinced Molson to pull the trigger.

Maybe...but Bergy trying to win this year ('we mean business") also aligned with his contract being up for renewal, as well as restless fans/media wondering how long a "reset" is supposed to take.

Injury or not, his big assets Webby and Pricer were past their prime and couldn't wait any longer.

Maybe...but Bergy trying to win this year ('we mean business") also aligned with his contract being up for renewal, as well as restless fans/media wondering how long a "reset" is supposed to take.

Injury or not, his big assets Webby and Pricer were past their prime and couldn't wait any longer.
Interesting. He could also be auditioning for a new gig. His ego is the type that would want to be the highest paid GM to shut up the doubters. A "look what I can do" season.

Ah one can dream.

Back