• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2022

They have 300 GMs now, the gymnastics shouldn't be difficult LOL!

I also don't buy that this management group plans on a multi year tear down. I think they want to pattern the NYR retool. That may require access to funds to sign free agents.

Anyway, not saying its gonna happen. Just an interesting option really.
They can't do the same thing the Rangers did. First and foremost among the reasons why such a strategy works for the Rangers but not for the Habs is the simple fact that players actually want to live in NYC. Nobody wants to live in Montreal, not even the best francophone players.

They can't do the same thing the Rangers did. First and foremost among the reasons why such a strategy works for the Rangers but not for the Habs is the simple fact that players actually want to live in NYC. Nobody wants to live in Montreal, not even the best francophone players.
Especially not the best francophone players. Their mantra is usually “Give me Florida/California or give me death.”

Jarnkrok to Calgary for a second-round pick in 2022, a third in 2023 and a seventh in 2024. Seattle retains half of remaining salary this year.

Back