• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2022

I'd rather move Armia and Byron as well and I'm fine keeping Lekhonen another year if the offers are too low but I don't have much interest signing his UFA contract after next year.
The same media types in Montreal - Hello Martin Lemay & Guy Boucher - who are all for trading assets for futures want us to keep & re-sign Chiarot & Lehkonen.

When a team has second / third / fourth round picks, and they're able to get a player like Chiarot/Lehkonen? They should be high fiving and giving fist bumps all around. Complete and total success. You got a very useful, albeit limited, player that gave you 500+ games of service at below-market value in the best years of their career. Truly excellent value.

But once they reach that time when they're about to hit free agency in their late 20s, under no circumstances must you ever re-sign them. Those contracts all age worse than milk.

Meh, you have to spend on someone. Lehkonen is my one dude that I don’t move for just a second. RFA means you have time. He’s a 4.4 tool player. Unfortunately the .4 is offense.

Tire Fire needs to be moved before the trade the deadline. A new contract is out of the question. That’s gonna be a bad one.

Lekhonen can be moved too, but there isn’t the same urgency. One more year, max. He should be moved before UFA kicks in.

Do you guys think we will be targeting picks or prospects?

I think they would like the Toffoli type return for Lek as a wish

Chariot ideally a first or a close to NHL good prospect in return

The bottom line get more asset capital in return

The home run would be to move the Weber cap hit off the books.
Why? He isn't coming back and the Habs can exceed the cap using his LTIR.

In fact I would submit that, keeping him allows you to eat salary when dealing other bad contracts. The salary you eat can be recaptured using Weber's LTIR.

The question is... can what you get for Webers LTIR exceed what you may get in trades when eating some salary.

Not sure if anyone else watched it, but he made a dumb drop pass at the blue line that directly led to the goal that eliminated Canada in the quarterfinals from the Olympics. So he'd fit in well with the pre-MSL version of the team.

The Avalanche have acquired Josh Manson from the Ducks for Drew Helleson and a 2023 second-round pick.

Ducks retain 50% of this contract.

Back