• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2022

perfect, 8 years of no hassle mediocrity in a town where hockey doesn't matter, all for 36 millions dollars.

I’d rather move Armia or Byron. Or both.

There’s no rush to move Lekhonen, he’s an RFA. Unless, of course, the offer is too good to refuse. The price should be high.

I'd rather move Armia and Byron as well and I'm fine keeping Lekhonen another year if the offers are too low but I don't have much interest signing his UFA contract after next year.

I dont see the problem signing Lekhonen in his prime years up to 30. It won't be more than 4 million and it wont kill the team unless he becomes injured and suddenly his play drops of the table. F*ck that trading him for 2nd round pick that will amount to nothing.

I dont see the problem signing Lekhonen in his prime years up to 30. It won't be more than 4 million and it wont kill the team unless he becomes injured and suddenly his play drops of the table. F*ck that trading him for 2nd round pick that will amount to nothing.

Byron and Armia contracts became bad immediately after signing, I'm not sure why we would expect different with Lek. It's common for players to have career years at 26-28 years old.

That being said I'm not trading him for a low 2nd round pick.

Remember that lehkonen was always expected to perform defensively. We don't really know if he is a 20 goal guy. MSL is skewing things.

Remember that lehkonen was always expected to perform defensively. We don't really know if he is a 20 goal guy. MSL is skewing things.

His shooting percentage is not at an unsustainable rate, and he started producing before MSL showed up. He’s been the 2nd best player after Suzuki.

I’d be tempted to keep him for a year, and move him before the UFA window. Only top teams will try to get him, which is a low first rd pick to start with. That’s not enough for this year because the Habs would also be trading an RFA year. He should be expensive.

If they are offered a bigly deal then, of course, you take it. I assume it would have to include a legit prospect.

His shooting percentage is not at an unsustainable rate, and he started producing before MSL showed up. He’s been the 2nd best player after Suzuki.

I’d be tempted to keep him for a year, and move him before the UFA window. Only top teams will try to get him, which is a low first rd pick to start with. That’s not enough for this year because the Habs would also be trading an RFA year. He should be expensive.

If they are offered a bigly deal then, of course, you take it. I assume it would have to include a legit prospect.

We arent trading away a 35 goal scorer , no team is giving you a bigly deal

If you net a good return with a good prospect as your headline , you trade him

Lehkonen is a very valuable player. Your penchant to look at offensive stats only is what blinds you to many players.

Lehkonen is a very valuable player. Your penchant to look at offensive stats only is what blinds you to many players.

He is a nice third liner , they dont help much if your top 6 and 6D are terrible

Team is going nowhere to retain him when you can score a good deal

Look at Gourde in Seattle , totally different situation when your sheltered with stars in TB and your role is more useful

We arent trading away a 35 goal scorer , no team is giving you a bigly deal

If you net a good return with a good prospect as your headline , you trade him
If he is a "nice" 3rd liner and no team is going to give you a lot for him why not just keep him?

Well they certainly didnt showcase him tonight, moved him to the 4th line playing with two offensive slugs in Armia and Poehling.

Back