• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2022

Why? He isn't coming back and the Habs can exceed the cap using his LTIR.

In fact I would submit that, keeping him allows you to eat salary when dealing other bad contracts. The salary you eat can be recaptured using Weber's LTIR.

The question is... can what you get for Webers LTIR exceed what you may get in trades when eating some salary.

You first need to slot Weber into your cap full in , then do the LTIR cap gymnastics

Habs wont be heavy spenders while they suck

Why didn’t the deal go through the first time? Calgary doesn’t want to trade Pelletier for a rental?
Looks like they were at that time, but have they changed their position given how the team has looked since the Toffoli acquisition?

Ready to go for broke?

You first need to slot Weber into your cap full in , then do the LTIR cap gymnastics

Habs wont be heavy spenders while they suck
They have 300 GMs now, the gymnastics shouldn't be difficult LOL!

I also don't buy that this management group plans on a multi year tear down. I think they want to pattern the NYR retool. That may require access to funds to sign free agents.

Anyway, not saying its gonna happen. Just an interesting option really.

I was in favour of drafting Jost. We drafted Sergachev I believe. That would have been my screw up. The team still found a way to screw up the draft without me with what they did with that pick..

They have 300 GMs now, the gymnastics shouldn't be difficult LOL!

I also don't buy that this management group plans on a multi year tear down. I think they want to pattern the NYR retool. That may require access to funds to sign free agents.

Anyway, not saying its gonna happen. Just an interesting option really.

The Rangers plan is nice if ......

Trouba, Fox , Panarin types only want to play in Montreal and are available this summer

If a goalie decides to be Shesterkin overnight

If we can flip Dvorak for Josh Norris

If our weather , taxes , language and future pandemic restrictions disappear

If we had better than an AHL talent base to start

If Suzuki and CC turn into Sid and Patrick Kane

If our D had more than 1-2 caliber D

Other than that all is good, good fucken luck boys .

Last edited:
Back