• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2022

Ah yes, the power forward who's missed significant time in two of the last three seasons and is turning 30 soon.

Thankfully for him, though, there's absolutely no precedent to indicate that players like him start to decline right around his current his age.

Oh, wait...

He isnt 27 yet with limited miles

There is interest around the league for sure

This isnt a Gally collapse a year after his big contract and in decline

Those wheels are matched by few at his size

He is inconsistent , but no issue keeping him unless the return is good

Last edited:
Obviously, you don't trade him for nothing. You can get an excellent return for him.

Put him up this summer to the highest available bidder and wish him the best of luck.

Ah yes, the power forward who's missed significant time in two of the last three seasons and is turning 30 soon.

Thankfully for him, though, there's absolutely no precedent to indicate that players like him start to decline right around his current his age.

Oh, wait...
He's 27. He's not turning 30 anytime soon unless you believe that 30 is the number right after 27. And if he's an injury-prone soon to be 30 year old with diminishing upside on a bad contract, why are other teams going to overpay for him? Exactly.

He's 27. He's not turning 30 anytime soon unless you believe that 30 is the number right after 27. And if he's an injury-prone soon to be 30 year old with diminishing upside on a bad contract, why are other teams going to overpay for him? Exactly.
For the same reason GMs overpaid for players like Lucic, and that people like Peter Chiarelli & Ken Holland are still seen for some odd reason as great hockey minds:

Hockey is filled with dumb, conservative motherfuckers. That's why.

For the same reason GMs overpaid for players like Lucic, and that people like Peter Chiarelli & Ken Holland are still seen for some odd reason as great hockey minds:

Lucic was signed by Edmonton as a UFA so he was overapid only in money, not trade assets. His subsequent trade to Calgary did not fetch a big return at all; he was dealt for a washed up former scorer. Sorry but I'm not seeing it.

Last edited:
Exactly, we have nothing to worry about until the whole league hires their version of Kent Hughes

Gump Worsley didn't wear a mask.

That statement also had a much to do with Anderson.

Lucic was signed by Edmonton as a UFA so he was overapid only in money, not trade assets. His subsequent trade to Calgary did not fetch a big return at all; he was dealt for a washed up former scorer. Sorry but I'm not seeing it.
He was traded to LA before becoming UFA and signing with EDM.

Martin Jones, Colin Miller and a first.

He’ll get a gruesomely high contact when the UFA window opens.
I don’t think so, his value is at a max based on 3-key factors all aligning this deadline:

current “lowish” cap hit + expiring contract + deadline pickup for playoff type hockey

Back