• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2022

See. Still has nothing to do with Anderson. As always the forest for the trees with you. 🤣

McDonagh vs Chiarot stats:

18 pts with 2 goals in 47 games
vs
11 pts with 5 goals in 47 games

43% Corsi for with 67% of D zone starts
vs
42% Corsi for with 66% of D zone starts

23:02 min a game
vs
23:20 min a game

3:08 min a game on the PK
vs
3:06 min a game on the PK

3.49 hits/60
vs
5.46 hits/60

4.59 blocks/60
vs
4.32 blocks/60

0.72 giveaways/60
vs
2.67 giveaways/60

0.83 takeaways/60
vs
0.76 takeaways/60

McDonagh is 2-years older & has a 92% higher cap hit, hence, the market interest in Chiarot

Some context on giveaways:
* Trouba is at 1.91 giveaways/60
* Klingberg is at 3.11 giveaways/60
* Ekblad is at 3.02 giveaways/60
* Muzzin is at 2.92 giveaways/60
* Provorov is at 2.72 giveaways/60

I’ve always felt the Muzzin 3-component deal to Leafs is what the Chiarot deal should come in as: 1st + two prospects including grade B / B+

Last edited:
Perreault returns to the lineup tomorrow night.

Good news, should be able to get a mid-round pick or prospect for him.

McDonagh vs Chiarot stats:

18 pts with 2 goals in 47 games
vs
11 pts with 5 goals in 47 games

43% Corsi for with 67% of D zone starts
vs
42% Corsi for with 66% of D zone starts

23:02 min a game
vs
23:20 min a game

3:08 min a game on the PK
vs
3:06 min a game on the PK

3.49 hits/60
vs
5.46 hits/60

4.59 blocks/60
vs
4.32 blocks/60

0.72 giveaways/60
vs
2.67 giveaways/60

0.83 takeaways/60
vs
0.76 takeaways/60

McDonagh is 2-years older & has a 92% higher cap hit, hence, the market interest in Chiarot

Some context on giveaways:
* Trouba is at 1.91 giveaways/60
* Klingberg is at 3.11 giveaways/60
* Ekblad is at 3.02 giveaways/60
* Muzzin is at 2.92 giveaways/60
* Provorov is at 2.72 giveaways/60

I’ve always felt the Muzzin 3-component deal to Leafs is what the Chiarot deal should come in as: 1st + two prospects including grade B / B+

good luck , Muzzin had term

FB5BCEE7-044D-46C9-9B5D-029695EDEB3A.jpeg
Hab D @ deadline?

FYi - he plays scared & is a sieve defensively, not impress!

Last edited:
I’m waffling now. If there’s a way to dump other shitty contracts, I would think about keeping Lekhonen.

Before I figured it would be best to trade him, but I can be convinced otherwise. Good player.

I’m waffling now. If there’s a way to dump other shitty contracts, I would think about keeping Lekhonen.

Before I figured it would be best to trade him, but I can be convinced otherwise. Good player.

It’s usually the sign of a burgeoning dominant two way player who will help a team win a cup.

There’s a reason every coach loves Lekhonen regardless of their philosophy (Therrien / Julien to MSL), much like Plekanec (with more muted offensive ceiling) - his work ethic + play reading capability is very high…. recall Marty’s philosophy on being able to increase offensive output on players who can read plays by simply setting them free.

Yes it applies to the Suzuki & Caufield at the top end, but IMO also to maximizing output from the Evans & Lekhonen’s

Last edited:
It’s usually the sign of a burgeoning dominant two way player who will help a team win a cup.

There’s a reason every coach loves Lekhonen regardless of their philosophy (Therrien / Julien to MSL), much like Plekanec (with more muted offensive ceiling) - his work ethic + play reading capability is very high…. recall Marty’s philosophy on being able to increase offensive output on players who can read plays by simply setting them free.

Yes it applies to the Suzuki & Caufield at the top end, but IMO also to maximizing output from the Evans & Lekhonen’s

Nice player but he isnt a dominant 2 way player and never will be

Kopitar and Bergeron`s are unicorn 2 way studs

He is nice Gourde support piece on a contender , thats not the Habs for many years

Served us well , time to capitalize on his trade value

You can always come up with a seemingly rational argument for keeping any player but the counter-argument is always going to be "we don't need what they bring right now and by the time we will need it, this player will no longer be able to bring it."

Get rid of everyone at or near 30 years old and any late 20-something player with trade value. I want a near complete turnover of this roster. The sooner that happens, the sooner the rebuild can end. But the heavy lifting of a rebuild is the getting rid of players and then waiting for the players and picks you get in return to become something. Step One is getting rid of guys. Every vet you hang on to delays the rebuild. They are progress-stoppers. Impediments. Nothing more.

Back