• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2022

You’re asking guys you drafted to follow some guy you just bring in as opposed to a guy that the organization drafted and has actually developed?

Terrible imo.

I’d never hire someone with your philosophy as my GM. Too many differing issues. I disagree.

We can agree/disagree all we want

The 10 year Nero fiasco ended in tears with a roster and cap in shambles , and the 18 wheeler fell off the cliff 2 yeas ago

The retool six years not go all in on Weber would not of put us in this shit mess team is now

I give you full control Habsy of hockey operations

Forget the background BS , politics , and any other crap related to revenue

Fix this this mess , give me your plan ??? How do you get back to being a top 10 team in the league .

Remember every team in the division is either better , further ahead in their rebuilds or have better prospects or cap space

We can agree/disagree all we want

The 10 year Nero fiasco ended in tears with a roster and cap in shambles , and the 18 wheeler fell off the cliff 2 yeas ago

The retool six years not go all in on Weber would not of put us in this shit mess team is now

I give you full control Habsy of hockey operations

Forget the background BS , politics , and any other crap related to revenue

Fix this this mess , give me your plan ??? How do you get back to being a top 10 team in the league .

Remember every team in the division is either better , further ahead in their rebuilds or have better prospects or cap space
It can’t be forgotten - it’s the reality of the Habs business landscape… it’s not some kind of fantasy league team building

It can’t be forgotten - it’s the reality of the Habs business landscape… it’s not some kind of fantasy league team building
I want your plan to get this team back in the top 10 ?????

I specifically mentioned forget the BS ......your in charge full autonomy

WTF do you do ? Give me your blue print

I specifically mentioned forget the BS ......you’re in charge full autonomy

Pack up the team and move it to Houston - they’ll be a Cup contender within 2-summers

There's more than one way to skin a cat, but when you look at teams that are perennial contenders, virtually all of them got their franchise forward(s) in the draft lottery. You have the odd example like Point & Kucherov that were taken later, but those are the exceptions & not the rule. That's why when a player like Jack Eichel is available once every decade or so, you give up whatever the asking price is and you live with it.

When it came time to evaluate players at the pro level, The Charlatan & his crew were among the best in the league. They rarely lost trades. They didn't make too many bad UFA signings either.

The problem with The Charlatan is, he always talked about never giving up the future to win now, and yet I can't recall ever seeing someone so blatantly give less of a fuck about the future. His biggest two mistakes were right at the beginning: Keeping Trevor Timmins and hiring his buddy Sylvain Lefebvre to coach our AHL team (and then keeping him there for six fucking years).

Had this team been just an average drafting & developing franchise, we wouldn't be in such shitty shape and he'd probably still be employed.

Another thing: If you're a good drafting team, you can aggressively trade prospects away for players in their prime. That's what they did for Stone, Pacioretty & Eichel.

Who's better, Brannstrom Suzuki & Krebs, or Stone Pacioretty & Eichel?

In that year when we got to the Eastern Finals & lost because of Price's injury, maybe we would have been able to overcome it if we had traded our 1st or one of our top prospects for a rental or even a player with term left.

But alas...

Another thing: If you're a good drafting team, you can aggressively trade prospects away for players in their prime. That's what they did for Stone, Pacioretty & Eichel.

In that year when we got to the Eastern Finals & lost because of Price's injury, maybe we would have been able to overcome it if we had traded our 1st or one of our top prospects for a rental or even a player with term left.

But alas...

10000% no doubt in my mind if Bergy would’ve actually had the balls to trade picks and prospects at that deadline instead of getting scrubs and Price doesn’t get injured, they at minimum go to game 6 against LA in the Cup Finals. Maybe even win

But alas...

I dont think there was a difference maker worthy of giving up a first , team wasnt ready to win a cup .

But alas...
Ryan Johanssen was a hold out in 2012, had MB traded that 3OA pick in a package would he have had that 1C?

The other thing - need to have a better hit rate than 1-good 1st round selection every 10-15 years..

Last edited:
Ryan Johanssen was a hold out in 2012, had MB traded that 3OA pick in a package would he have had that 1C?

The other thing - need to have a better hit rate than 1-good 1st round selection every 10-15 years..
Who knows. Johanssen's never been the same since he had that serious thigh injury in the playoffs. Maybe in an alternative universe, he gets traded here and doesn't get the thigh injury. Maybe he regresses naturally, we'll never know.

Who knows. Johanssen's never been the same since he had that serious thigh injury in the playoffs. Maybe in an alternative universe, he gets traded here and doesn't get the thigh injury. Maybe he regresses naturally, we'll never know.
Point being CBJ had the 2OA pick, were clearly rebuilding which the 3OA would’ve added to & Johanssen would’ve been a strategic addition to the young core (Price, Subban, Paccioretty) at that time (2012).

I specifically mentioned forget the BS ......your in charge full autonomy

I don’t. He’s not the gm.

Pack up the team and move it to Houston - they’ll be a Cup contender within 2-summers
So basically what you're saying is that if the team was in Houston there would be actual pressure on them to win because their profits would be tied to winning in a way that they aren't in Montreal. In other words, the Habs don't win because they don't really try to win, which has been my contention for years.

The only "reality of the business landscape" in Montreal that we need to know about is that the Habs are a license to print money. There is no good reason why they refuse to rebuild other than their myopic ownership valuing short term profits over long term glory. With their economic clout the Habs could literally do anything they set their minds to. They just have to decide to want to. A rebuild? "Oh the fans will never accept a rebuild" Boulchit. The fans have shown time and time again that they will accept whatever they're told to accept and will pay top dollar prices to do it. The only ones preventing a proper rebuild from happening is the greedy ownership group, not the fans.

So basically what you're saying is that if the team was in Houston there would be actual pressure on them to win because their profits would be tied to winning in a way that they aren't in Montreal. In other words, the Habs don't win because they don't really try to win, which has been my contention for years.

The only "reality of the business landscape" in Montreal that we need to know about is that the Habs are a license to print money. There is no good reason why they refuse to rebuild other than their myopic ownership valuing short term profits over long term glory. With their economic clout the Habs could literally do anything they set their minds to. They just have to decide to want to. A rebuild? "Oh the fans will never accept a rebuild" Boulchit. The fans have shown time and time again that they will accept whatever they're told to accept and will pay top dollar prices to do it. The only ones preventing a proper rebuild from happening is the greedy ownership group, not the fans.

Houston isnt turning Gally and Savard into Kucherov and Hedman

WTF is a new location going to do when your roster is AHL caliber littered with terrible contracts and 2 years away from being 2 years away

Back