• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Training Camp 2022

The spirit of the trade was fine, get a solid prospect + a decent pick, I'm just a bit underwhelmed by Barron at the moment, but he's a young defenseman with good tools and ton of room to grow.

I have no issues with the Lek trade. You get what you can. The other option is lose him for nothing in off season or off new contract. Neither are good choices. Past regime would have shown him the money.

I have no issues with the Lek trade. You get what you can. The other option is lose him for nothing in off season or off new contract. Neither are good choices. Past regime would have shown him the money.
Absolutely

Lek ....4x 4.5 mil

Pitlick ...4x 3.5 mil

The spirit of the trade was fine, get a solid prospect + a decent pick, I'm just a bit underwhelmed by Barron at the moment, but he's a young defenseman with good tools and ton of room to grow.
I am a little too, but this is his second year of pro hockey. Give him time, give him opportunities and let's see what he turns into. If he doesn't work out, shit happens. C'est la vie.

I am a little too, but this is his second year of pro hockey. Give him time, give him opportunities and let's see what he turns into. If he doesn't work out, shit happens. C'est la vie.
Could probably pawn him off for a 2nd or third if need be.

I just want to give him time under the new regime.

Lekhonen had 1-year RFA status left was not pending UFA last deadline

Yep, no rush. But I think he needs more development time in the AHL. Only 50 games is not a lot for a defenseman. And he's younger than Harris and Xherkaj.

Are we judging Barron by his 5 games with the Habs? Because his 20 points in 43 games as a AHL rookie was decent.

Let's also not forget he is the same draft year as Guhle (Nov vs Jan birthdays though).

Back