• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Training Camp 2022

There is a lot to like about Barron, skates well, good size, offensive potential, plays the right side, already has a year of pros. I personally find his positioning and decision making to be lacking. He reminds me of Beaulieu.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion only and in no way is it representative of what the Montreal Canadiens might think.

Fans are allowed opinions too

I think Xhekaj is the literal X factor this year. If one of the others don't show offensive ability I think they decide on the monster for the bottom pairing. Guy is a beast.
I am excited about what I have read regarding Xhekaj. I haven't really seen him play though how is the skating for a big guy?

I am excited about what I have read regarding Xhekaj. I haven't really seen him play though how is the skating for a big guy?
His skating is NHL level. Not the best but not bad either. He's just a beast and I would love him in the lineup to protect the skill players. He can really fight.

He can beat the shit out of junior aged players, that's for sure.

Like with all prospects, I just want him to show me what he can do at the AHL and then we'll see from there.

You definitely implied
I definitely didn’t. My point was that I think he’s a lock to start the season in the top 6, whether we think he should or not. HuGo traded Lehkonen for him, he’ll have to play his way out of a top 6 D spot to not be there. I’m completely confident in that opinion.

I definitely didn’t. My point was that I think he’s a lock to start the season in the top 6, whether we think he should or not. HuGo traded Lehkonen for him, he’ll have to play his way out of a top 6 D spot to not be there. I’m completely confident in that opinion.
Water is wet man.

I can see him relegated to the AHL if his offense isn't quite there yet. They won't use an offensive prospect in a defensive role if they have a defensive monster pushing for a spot too and don't kid yourself, Xhekaj is pushing.

He can beat the shit out of junior aged players, that's for sure.

Like with all prospects, I just want him to show me what he can do at the AHL and then we'll see from there.
Something tells me he won't be afraid of NHL players

Water is wet man.

I can see him relegated to the AHL if his offense isn't quite there yet. They won't use an offensive prospect in a defensive role if they have a defensive monster pushing for a spot too and don't kid yourself, Xhekaj is pushing.
Okay I won’t kid myself.

I think he has the inside track given his NHL experience but he’s by no mean a lock IMO. Whomever has the best camp will start. The others will rotate in during the season. If Harris has the better camp, I don’t see why Barron would still get preferred.

Barron is expected to bring offense. If he does is his spot. If he doesn't they likely look elsewhere

Saw him live several times , wheels are very good for a beast his size

Needs to control his physicality , gets him in penalty trouble

I think he has the inside track given his NHL experience but he’s by no mean a lock IMO. Whomever has the best camp will start. The others will rotate in during the season. If Harris has the better camp, I don’t see why Barron would still get preferred.
just play both

Formation des Rouges

Drouin-Evans-Armia
Richard-Beck-Ylonen
Roy-Mesar-Belzile
Simoneau-Schnarr-Davidson

Schueneman-Wideman
Xhekaj-Dello
Trudeau-Green

Primeau
Poulin

Formation des Blancs

Dadonov-Dvorak-Gallagher
Gignac-Stephens-Martel
Condotta-Mysak-Teasdale
Guindon-Kidney-Bourque

Norlinder-Savard
Leskinen-Parker Jones
Fairbrother-Tourigny

Montembeault
Mercer

I mean, I'm not sure what to make of your post.

Barron & Gorges are completely different type of players, not sure where you're getting that.

The second round pick is going to be in 2024, who knows what the player we pick is going to turn out to be.

What Lehkonen does in Colorado isn't relevant to us anymore. We traded him for futures, lets wait & see what they turn out as. If Barron turns out to be an NHLer, great. If that second round pick turns into an NHLer 6-7 years from now, great.

Plus, where would we have fit his new contract?

Way too early for any conclusion. Barron is an intriguing prospect with top 4 potential. He’s going to have an NHL career, but his impact remains to be seen. Lehkonen will have another 8-10 years as a pretty good role player. Could we have gotten more in return? Maybe, but I didn’t see much future for Lehkonen in Montreal.

Back