• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Welcome to the Montreal Canadiens, David Reinbacher

But seriously, no way they are going to keep all of these D men prospects.

but also no way will some team trade a top line forward prospect for Kaiden Guhle.

we needed Michkov’s potential in our pipeline , we also needed Reinbacher, hell we needed a lot of things…. but the first guy is the hardest to find outside the draft

So they envision Reinbacher-Hutson one day. Reinbacher is the type of player that helps players like Hutson win a Norris.

I don't think Michkov was ever a realistic option. There have been rumblings for over a year that Molson didn't want us taking any Russians at any point in the draft.

Habs have a decent amount of Norrises and Vezinas since last winning the Cup

I don't think Michkov was ever a realistic option. There have been rumblings for over a year that Molson didn't want us taking any Russians at any point in the draft.
That actual makes it worse knowing we’re cutting ourselves off from talent that is available to other teams

French podcast, but they start talking about Reinbacher at 1:11.00

Sounds like they’re both projecting Reinbacher as a top 2 guy, in which case I would have no issues with the pick. We don’t really have a top 2 guy, although Guhle is close.

Ya
I wanted an elite forward. Not sure how we can get one of those now. Elite D and elite G can we found later on in the draft

I think most here are totally against drafting a goalie or dmen in the top 5....much easier to find a stud goalie or dmen later in the draft

Sounds like they’re both projecting Reinbacher as a top 2 guy, in which case I would have no issues with the pick. We don’t really have a top 2 guy, although Guhle is close.
Boisvert also doesn't like Guhle much....he thinks he's a 4th at best

How can he be a top 2 when he's not really a QB on the pp. He had 3G this year. Anyways, this team never learns.
You can be a #2 without being a top QB. And you can be a top QB without being a top pair. They compared him a bit to Jiricek.

How can he be a top 2 when he's not really a QB on the pp. He had 3G this year. Anyways, this team never learns.

They were hoping Will Smith fell to them, once that didn't happen, they went with the safe pick.

I don't get why Molson would say no to Russian players....this isn't like the Mailloux pick....if an NHL-run team like Coyotes are picking Russians, doesn't that tell you it's ok to pick Russians ?

Back