• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Welcome to the Montreal Canadiens, David Reinbacher

He doesn't believe Hutson is a D is why. From many accounts Hutson is something the league hasn't seen yet. Get the protector to help him develop.

he’s not alone — Hutson was available at 62

They were hoping Will Smith fell to them, once that didn't happen, they went with the safe pick.

I don't get why Molson would say no to Russian players....this isn't like the Mailloux pick....if an NHL-run team like Coyotes are picking Russians, doesn't that tell you it's ok to pick Russians ?

we don’t know for sure that the Habs are anti Russian. It sounds like another conspiracy that I don’t believe… HuGo did take a flyer on Gurianov

Molson mandated it to Bergevin too per reports. I think it's pc reasons for selling beer, not everyone is a Habs fan.

Molson has always leaned safe.

what was Sergachev or Romanov

Look, it's the safe pick, he'll be in the league soon enough. Has Molson written all over it.
This also reminds me of the 2005 draft.....

Once Crosby--Ryan-Johnson-Pouliot were gone, the next BPA was Gilbert Brule, but Habs management decided to take the goalie because he was more of a sure thing (less sexy pick, but safer pick)

So the conspiracy involves drafting them but not keeping them?
I prefer Occam’s Razor
It's not a conspiracy. Molson won't bring in a marquee Russian right now and it's been that way for awhile. Believe as you like.

Molson hiring Nick Bobrov was so damn sneaky. Would have fooled me if not for ForumIce

This also reminds me of the 2005 draft.....

Once Crosby--Ryan-Johnson-Pouliot were gone, the next BPA was Gilbert Brule, but Habs management decided to take the goalie because he was more of a sure thing (less sexy pick, but safer pick)
More like 2003 and we took Coburn
Or 2015 and we took zboril.

I don't think Michkov was ever a realistic option. There have been rumblings for over a year that Molson didn't want us taking any Russians at any point in the draft.
Then Molson should fire Hughes and Gorton and just run the team himself like Jerry Jones. At least then the fans will know for sure toward whom they should direct their anger.

Back