• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Welcome to the Montreal Canadiens, David Reinbacher

Then Molson should fire Hughes and Gorton and just run the team himself like Jerry Jones. At least then the fans will know for sure toward whom they should direct their anger.
you don't live in MTL.....

Molson cares about beer and real estate.....he'll keep doing the politically correct safe moves until he sells the team

Molson hiring Nick Bobrov was so damn sneaky. Would have fooled me if not for ForumIce
Gorton had a list.

Don't believe it but pay attention to the roster moves. Molson is politically motivated, it's not about hockey its about image.

Gorton had a list.

Don't believe it but pay attention to the roster moves. Molson is politically motivated, it's not about hockey its about image.
If I owned a team with 24 Cups I'd want my image to be that of the owner who brought home #25, not the owner who played it safe.

If I owned a team with 24 Cups I'd want my image to be that of the owner who brought home #25, not the owner who played it safe.
It's not about hockey dipshit. That's what people aren't getting. Molson answers to a consortium and he likes his golden ticket to play hockey boss.

It may be Molson's fault, but it's Hughes who will take the heat for this pick. His honeymoon is officially over as of now. From this point on he's not getting the benefit of the doubt. He's going to be nitpicked right out of town if Michkov becomes something.

Last edited:
What's Gorton's job with the Habs? Serious question, what's one of his primary functions?

It may be Molson's fault, but it's Hughes who will take the heat for this pick. Hid honeymoon is officially over as of now. From this point on he's not getting the benefit of the doubt He's going to be nitpicking right out of town if Michkov becomes something.
Its an awful move. Just awful. I can feel it, and that's good enough. No way I want to be right on this one. Michkov was right there.....

Back