• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Welcome to the Montreal Canadiens, David Reinbacher

To me we can't have MM and CC on the same team.. I take CC .. The best D man in the draft and he is a RD.. he has size.. sounds promising to me

I like this pick. This post will age well. I look forward to bringing this post back someday.

What's Gorton's job with the Habs? Serious question, what's one of his primary functions?
Gorton’s drafting track record isn’t “all that”, similar to TT 2007 draft, Gorton’s living off his 2006 Bruins draft.

Brutal drafting record w NYR while he was GM.

But having said all that, have to assume Bobrov had access to info very few teams did given his past & his fathers present relationship w SKA.

I don’t for a minute buy Jr overruling his hockey ops people

In 3-4 years from now, we will then know if it was or wasn't. First line potential stud forwards don't usually fall into our laps. Well, he did but then we fked it up.
It seems like there is a first line forward available for us every year but we just refuse to pick them. Caufield being the exception.

Okay, Boisvert had him at 5 . . . but he had Michkov at 2.

he was relunctant when explaining his choice of Orville at #5....it felt more like he didn't want to place Will Smith at #5, so he had to put someone else at #5.

I suppose Michkov could turn into Nail Yakubov. Seriously, I wish the kid all the best, but it might alleviate some of our pain.

Now I'm rationalizing. Not working.
If Reinbacher turns out to be a solid top 2, I won’t care *too* much if Michkov is another Kaprisov. Would still hurt a bit but I’ll be able to live with it.

To me we can't have MM and CC on the same team.. I take CC .. The best D man in the draft and he is a RD.. he has size.. sounds promising to me
Just because he's the best RHD in THIS draft doesn't mean he's any good. It might simply mean that there isn't a bumper crop of great defenseman in this draft. He may just be the best of a bad lot. I'm not hearing Orville being compared to Makar or Lidstrom that's for damn sure.

Last year Slaf and Wright were the consensus top picks. Neither one of them would crack the top 10 this year.

Michkov turning into a top goal scorer would hurt, but he's still a winger....if Orville turns into a top 2 dmen, it won't hurt as much....

If we would have passed on a center, that would have hurt us more......we need that 1C badly to become contenders

Just because he's the best RHD in THIS draft doesn't mean he's any good. It might simply mean that there isn't a bumper crop of great defenseman in this draft. He may just be the best of a bad lot. I'm not hearing Orville being compared to Makar or Lidstrom that's for damn sure.

Last year Slaf and Wright were the consensus top picks. Neither one of them would crack the top 10 this year.

Makar wasn't compared to Makar when he was drafted......

Back