• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Welcome to the Montreal Canadiens, David Reinbacher

Plus work ethic concerns and absolute disregard for defensive assignments.
And as Arpon Basu (who’s nailed everything the Habs have been doing this offseason), HuGo we’re very concerned they would miss 3-key development years of MM because he wouldn’t be under their visibility

And as Arpon Basu (who’s nailed everything the Habs have been doing this offseason), HuGo we’re very concerned they would miss 3-key development years of MM because he wouldn’t be under their visibility
I see that as a positive.
Only half joking.

Also you get a potential superstar in 3 years on an entry level team

The Habs man. I don't give a darn about the yotes. I'm sure Hughes wanted to drop to 7 to get Reinbacher and pick up another pick but knew Arizona would take Reinbacher. So they just used the pick.
Understood right after I posted and deleted my post. “They” threw me off.

I see that as a
Only half joking.

Also you get a potential superstar in 3 years on an entry level team
It should be obvious by now one of HuGo’s key strategies is to double down on their perception of MSLs ability to be a hockey whisperer in developing players

HuGo were not going to wait 4 (Kuznetsov) or 5 (Kaprizov) years either..

As Hughes said today, they’re trying to “accelerate the rebuild” - Reinbacher will be in Mtl or Laval after next season in Europe

after two years of finishing at the the bottom, that's only normal...like someone "accelerating the job hunt" after taking a two year sabbatical

It was always the Gorton NYR blueprint that was sold to Jr - unfortunately as HuGo discovered w PLD, Mtl doesn’t automatically sell itself to NHL players, the way NYC automatically does

I thought of that while reading reports the Habs prepared a comprehensive pitch for PLD about the financial and lifestyle benefits of playing in Montreal...and they never even got to pitch it.

Plus work ethic concerns and absolute disregard for defensive assignments.
So we're still doing the "how does he play without the puck" bullshit? If he scores 50 goals on a consistent basis I don't give a shit what he does or doesn't do without the puck and neither should anyone else. Must this franchise obsess itself with turning thoroughbreds into wagon pullers? I'll take a one dimensional 50 goal scorer over a 200 foot good without the puck plodder any day.

Last edited:
Back