• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Welcome to the Montreal Canadiens, David Reinbacher

We have heard rumblings that Michkov has a chance to turn into a generational player. However unsubstaniated or exaggerated that may be, it is still a view that has cropped up. How often do we hear that about anyone? How do you not pick him?

We have heard rumblings that Michkov has a chance to turn into a generational player. However unsubstaniated or exaggerated that may be, it is still a view that has cropped up. How often do we hear that about anyone?

So why did 6 teams pass on him ?

So why did 6 teams pass on him ?

Bedard is franchise altering
I would have been thrilled with Fantilli and Carlsson, so I get those picks

Will Smith is the first player where I start thinking about Michkov

But, honestly, KHL contract aside, Michkov is small and not a great skater so it’s not like he’s flawless

But, honestly, KHL contract aside, Michkov is small and not a great skater so it’s not like he’s flawless
Plus work ethic concerns and absolute disregard for defensive assignments.

That would have been weird given they were picking 6 and he was gone at 5.
The Habs man. I don't give a darn about the yotes. I'm sure Hughes wanted to drop to 7 to get Reinbacher and pick up another pick but knew Arizona would take Reinbacher. So they just used the pick.

Bingo....you cannot be small AND not a great skater.....you'd be another Corey Locke (ok just kidding here....MM is way better at same age)

Back