• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Well, this is....different - Site Issues

possibly, i'm 90% through a massive data project that's been the bane of my work existence. But here I am shit posting instead of finishing it.
I had two extremely difficult deals I was working on the last couple of weeks, in addition to all the other regular stuff.

It was fucking killing me. One of them super complicated, and the other was something I hadn't really done much of before so I was educating myself as I went. These two scenarios lend themselves perfectly to fueling a desire to not suffer through the complexities or research all the minutiae. So every time I got bogged down trying to figure something out, instead of maintaining my focus and really powering through it, I would take a "mental break". Until I finally ran out of fucking time and had to power through it, and that's when they finally got done.

But yeah, my major obstacles standing in the way of repaired focus:

1. Sleeping too late.
2. Not getting ready and out to the office early enough and get into the proper environment.
3. Having crazy access to everything now (such that where I used to record Leaf games and watch on delay, now I fucking watch the pirated stream, which is perfect, but starts at 4 or 4:30 pm and totally fucks my mind for 2.5 prime hours).
4. Having too many non-work stresses that drain my time and energy.

Seems easy to solve these one by one, or even all at once, but I've failed miserably and am just getting by day to day with no particular plan other than to just solve whatever is pressing at the moment and go on to the next one.

Not sure which way to take that. That it would be worse if I wasn't billing, or better?

I do actually do some work on a percentage basis (it's pretty common in entertainment work), and it's pretty good as long as you are doing that with clients who have a track record of actually getting stuff made.

Not sure which way to take that. That it would be worse if I wasn't billing, or better?

I do actually do some work on a percentage basis (it's pretty common in entertainment work), and it's pretty good as long as you are doing that with clients who have a track record of actually getting stuff made.
the point is that when you do not need to account for each hour or minute of your day it is a lot easier to spend it on here!

so be glad you are billing :)

I'd rather be doing something creative away from a screen. Or just away from a screen.

Funny that I spent endless joyful hours in front of a screen as a kid, whether watching tv, movies, video games. And now I'd love nothing more than to get some time away from it.

I’m still having a problem accessing the Leafs forum.

I have it bookmarked but today the only way Leafs forum is to click on the forums list, then Montreal Canadians link which opens just fine and from there I can get to this section.

By the time I get to this site my short attention span kicks in and moves me on to something else.

Habsy, seriously, if you wanted my credit card number just take your clothes off and ask nicely like everyone else.

Back