• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Im unsuccessfully fighting the urge to say the raps could trade Lowry for a huge haul this summer and then re-sign him to play out the rest of his career here the next year.

Kawhi has some pretty big decisions to make...can opt out after next year.

Well he could have won another in Toronto but he went to one of the most cursed clubs in NBA history.

Siakam really Paul Georged it this year.
I’ll take pascal as my running mate + first picks till time immemorial over Paul friggin George

As Kawhi's playoffs 2nd banana:

Siakam: 19.0pts (54.0ts%), 7.1rb, 2.8ast/1.4to, 1.7bk+st, 17.2per, 2.6bpm
George: 20.2pts (53.6ts%), 5.9rb, 3.7ast/3.0to, 1.9bk+st, 14.8per, 0.4bpm

Im unsuccessfully fighting the urge to say the raps could trade Lowry for a huge haul this summer and then re-sign him to play out the rest of his career here the next year.

Don't put anything past steel balls Masai , expect something big

Team won a title...every box was checked off

Current roster cant contend for a title and your best player is 34

If they got through Boston, they had as good a chance of anybody to win a ship. I wouldn't necessarily rank anyone remaining ahead of them, especially if Pascal was Pascal and not some random guy they found off the street.

yeah, my takeaway isn't that this group can't contend at all.

My takeaway is that you need to answer some questions and shuffle some pieces

1) Is Gasol done as he looked in the playoffs, or can he still be a useful rotation big with Serge? I'm prone to consider the bubble as an outlier as Marc was still a very, very good defender during the regular season. If you bring back Serge & Gasol (both are free agents), how much savings are there? They were paid a combined 49 million this season, I can guarantee they won't be remotely close to that this season. Neither are likely to be that horny about moving on from Toronto.

2) Is FVV trying to end up on a bad team that will pay him, or stay a Raptor? If he's trying to stay a Raptor, he's probably only looking at a 8m raise. If he's trying to be a Piston, 20+M is probably a thing.

3) Assuming that you just run it back again, the biggest flaw this team has is in the half court offence. We need at least one guy who can create shots out of broken plays, late clocks, etc. Doesn't have to be a star (though that would be fucking nice), just someone who can create individual offence and is tall enough to ride all of the rollercoasters at wonderland

I think that if you can find one legitimately good but non star player who can patch that particular hole in the rotation, we're contender status again.

With all of that said, until we know the cap figure for next year, no one has a fucking clue what's going to happen going forward.

imo they did contend for a title this year, though Siakam definitely fell short.

So did Kemba who looked like shit

A miracle shot kept us from going down 3-0 and possibly a sweep

Celts were better in this series

We don't have a closer like Tatum

So did Kemba who looked like shit

A miracle shot kept us from going down 3-0 and possibly a sweep

Celts were better in this series

We don't have a closer like Tatum
They lost in 7 games by a single possession. This whole "they almost got swept" thing is dumb. I agree that Boston was better but your narrative is ridiculous.

Back