• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2020-21 Season and Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely have no issue moving the trade deadline if people want to. I love trading, so more of it is good with me.

It's fine to do that and move forward with no major fuss.

But, just to share my thoughts....I don't love hearing the argument that we're not changing goalie stats that are set up awkwardly because it's in the middle of the season we've already started. And then hearing that it's fine to change other settings that are a bit off, like the trade deadline, mid-season after we've started.

Nobody's doing anything malicious or anything, but some consistency would be comforting.

OK the goalie stats have been this way for 10 years. They were not just half ass thrown together on the eve of the season. Every single player on every single team has been assembled with the current points settings in place.

Our trade deadline has always been the week after the actual nhl trade deadline. For 10 years.

One would have a major impact on current standings as teams current actual points totals would change. The other is a date on the calendar that hasn't come yet.

Are we intentionally trying to cause conflict because that is a ridiculous comparison

OK the goalie stats have been this way for 10 years. They were not just half ass thrown together on the eve of the season. Every single player on every single team has been assembled with the current points settings in place.

Our trade deadline has always been the week after the actual nhl trade deadline. For 10 years.

One would have a major impact on current standings as teams current actual points totals would change. The other is a date on the calendar that hasn't come yet.

Are we intentionally trying to cause conflict because that is a ridiculous comparison
Not looking for conflict...kinda went out of my way to say that in my first message. : )

I don't really agree with your 1st or 3rd point but I'll shut up and keep my opinions to myself lest you think I'm a troublemaker!

I am struggling with teams making lineup changes and leaving healthy players on IR slots.
It happened last year, and it's happening this year again and again.

Today it's HP making roster changes prior to roster lock and leaving healthy Voracek on IR.

I believe we need to monitor this situation and having healthy players on IR should "Make roster illegal" at some point.

There is a nice little option on Fantrax that goes as follow :

Injured Reserve Enforcement type: "Make roster illegal"

Number of Lineup Periods until Injured Reserve Enforcement takes effect: "1"
This is the number of unlocked Lineup Periods that teams are allowed to keep players in the Injured Reserve slot for, after they become healthy or come off suspension. For example, if your league uses Weekly Monday Lineup Periods and your team's player who is in the Injured Reserve slot becomes healthy on Wednesday, April 10, and you select "1" for this option, then you have the remainder of the current period (assuming that player's lineup was already locked at that time) plus 1 full period (i.e. until the deadline on Monday, April 22) in order to remove that player from the Injured Reserve slot.

If we were to use 1 Period for the second parameter, it would kinda legalize what HP and others have done this season, which is not removing an healthy player from IR right away. Then a full scoring period afterward, if the same player is left on IR, their roster would become illegal.

That's the minimum we should do here to have some sort or regulation.

Or we could use 0 Period and make teams illegal as soon as the next period starts if they have healthy players on IR, but I doubt this the direction this league would like to take, and frankly I don't think it is necessary to go this far.
Just seeing this now. With work and finally closing on our house it's been a nightmare.

Believe me... I'd rather have put Voracek in.

What day did he come off the IR? I didn't notice.

Just seeing this now. With work and finally closing on our house it's been a nightmare.

Believe me... I'd rather have put Voracek in.

What day did he come off the IR? I didn't notice.
I’m not certain of the date, but he did play on Feb 27th & 28th.
Both days before roster lock.

When I brought the situation of teams making roster changes and leaving healthy players on IR last season, the “1 full period before making roster illegal” was not mentioned, so I was not aware that it was supposed to be that way.

Deckie fixing the setting from 19th period before making team illegal to 1 is satisfactory for me.

Team can do it once at roster lock, the week after they can’t.

This issue with the Voracek thing is that you would have had to drop Justin Holl or a goalie to make space for him.

Now you won’t have to because you have players going on IR.

Which again is fine now since the setting allow teams to leave an healthy players on IR for one full period.

I will definitively take advantage and do as other teams have, potentially leaving a healthy player on IR for one full week before I have to take him out if it can benefit me.

Weird. It's always been set at enforcement of 1 period....I'll fix. For some reason it was at like 20 periods, lol. 1 scoring period is fair in case the player is removed from IR late on Monday..
Something is wrong with the setting.

My team was made illegal for the current period and it should not be :

Brian Dumoulin D - PIT
playerNewsHotSm.png
was kept on Injured Reserve status for longer than allowed.

This is what we discussed last week :

For example, if your league uses Weekly Monday Lineup Periods and your team's player who is in the Injured Reserve slot becomes healthy on Wednesday, April 10, and you select "1" for this option, then you have the remainder of the current period (assuming that player's lineup was already locked at that time) plus 1 full period (i.e. until the deadline on Monday, April 22) in order to remove that player from the Injured Reserve slot.

Dumoulin.jpg

Dumoulin was activated from IR and made healthy on Fantrax on Saturday March 6th.

According to what we discussed, Dumoulin should be allowed to stay on IR for the remainder of Period 8 (which was Saturday / Sunday), and now the full Period 9 before triggering an illegal roster.

Looks like this caused 4 or 5 teams to have an illegal roster this week.

I didn't adjust the setting previously, so I'll wait for Deckie to take a look under the hood and hopefully figure out why that happened.

In the meantime, there is an Illegal Roster "manual override" which I have done to remove them, so no team has an illegal roster for this week and hopefully we can get the settings adjusted before the next scoring period.

We are looking for a few new managers in the Forum Ice baseball dynasty league, if anyone here is interested, let me know asap.

Why am I not allowed to get points? A trade goes through on the Monday and I do not realize it has been accepted so I am out for the week? Not that I am going to catch anyone, still sucks!!

Why am I not allowed to get points? A trade goes through on the Monday and I do not realize it has been accepted so I am out for the week? Not that I am going to catch anyone, still sucks!!

I think the issue was the early game starts today. Normally you have until the 7pm EST games lock the rosters. Sucks I know!

Garden Gnomes didn't take Jayce Hawryluk off the IR this week so his lineup went illegal. Please fix. I've forced your roster to legal for the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back