• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Draft Thread

Not only will we continue to not draft scoring aside from Cole but I guess we’ll piss Bettman off even more, great...
In his statement, Mailloux indicated that if he is selected in the future, he would want that NHL team’s fans to be proud to welcome him to their organization.

Maybe pissed of the player too. I wonder if this draft was live in person, would MB have had the balls to make the pick?

Could we not have traded down, picked up an extra pick, and still have gotten this guy or someone equal?
Would anyone else have actually drafted him?

So stupid guy shit?

He's a late bloomer, the talent is there.
Yeah, really stupid and I hope he legitimately feels awful for doing it and he can somehow make it right. I have no idea how he can do that. I don't think an apology is enough on it's own.

I'm not sure what he can do for the victim beyond a genuine apology, but if there's something that can help, I hope he does it.

What he did was really shitty and I hope it's "just" a shitty thing he did and he's not a really shitty person. I know that none of us would look very good if we were judged solely on the worst thing we ever did.

Yeah, he fucked up.

Still has a lot of life left and ostracization may push him even darker. If he's remorseful I agree he should learn and get another chance.

Can someone post a draft analysis of Mailloux ?

Good skater ? Offensive or defensive dmen?

Can someone post a draft analysis of Mailloux ?

Good skater ? Offensive or defensive dmen?
Mailloux is a rangy and surprisingly agile skater, showing strong lateral movement and decent agility to stop and change directions under pressure. He accelerates well and shows an aggressive nature jumping into the rush, often beating the first forechecker with his feet or a long
outlet pass. He isn’t afraid to pinch low into the offensive zone to keep the play alive either, showing confidence handling the puck on the cycle and through traffic. He has a surprising amount of fluidity in his skating, using long, fluid strides and crossovers to generate speed while carrying
the puck and displaying strong edgework that he uses to curl away from checkers to evade pressure, though his top speed is just above average. He is a pretty skilled puck-handler, showing good poise under pressure and the ability to weave through traffic in the neutral zone. He shows the ability to walk the offensive blue line as well, using his edges to open up better shooting lanes for himself. Mailloux possesses a fair amount of offensive skill and flair; he’s very willing to jump deep into the offensive zone from the blue line when the opportunities present themselves, and he does a good job of picking his spots to pinch, rarely leaving his defensive partner out to dry on odd-man rushes. Mailloux’s puck skills are also quite good, on occasion pulling flashy tricks out of his bag to beat defenders 1-on-1. His point shot is strong, and is capable of getting plenty of power on it when he gets his full weight behind it, and he’s more than willing to shoot the puck. There are some issues in his footwork while
pivoting to his backwards skate that led to problems in his gap control and transition defense. In his own zone, he is generally well positioned, though he can rely too much on his stick when defending. Asserting himself physically to separate attackers from the puck would be a more efficient means of defending. He does show the potential to have an effective physical side, finishing checks and showing a nasty streak along the boards and in front of the net. Mailloux is a gifted transporter of the puck while carrying it himself, however, there are some instances of
inaccurate outlet passes and poor decisions that lead to defensive zone giveaways. “He was a little more consistent, showing strong physicality and puck-handling ability,” an FCHockey scout said. “His defensive game needs work but the tools are there.” TL;DR: Mailloux is a rangy defender with above average skating. He’s a strong puckhandler and puck mover, with impressive offensive tendencies. He needs to improve agility and decision-making.

Logan Mailloux has many great aspects in his game. Standing at 6-foot-3, he does a great job at keeping opponents to the outside of the defensive zone and limits the chances they have to get a good shot on net. He has good gap control and using his long stick, he is able to disrupt passes and plays before they have the chance to develop into a dangerous scoring chance. He likes to be physical and is hard to knock off the puck in the corner.

Mailloux also possesses great offensive instincts as well. He loves to jump into the rush and act as a fourth forward. If the puck is turned over, he is more than capable of getting back. He’s got a powerful shot from the blue line that he loves to use and is good at getting it through traffic. He also has good vision and is more than capable of finding his teammates in and around the net for a scoring chance.

Back