• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Draft Thread

I don't want to justify what he did cause it's flat out awful. I do think it needs to be put into perspective though. There's no way that this is close to the worst think that was done by any player drafted in the 1st round. At worst, others have done the same but not got caught. Doesn't make it better and doesn't mean it's not awful. There's a real chance that this really sets the kid on the straight and narrow.

My buddy's son did the same thing a couple of years ago. Good kid, was 17 years old and was getting laid for the first time in his life. He showed some friends a picture and got in some shit. Nothing too serious, there were no cops involved or anything. He ended up dating the girl for a couple of years. They only recently broke up.

His parents gave him shit and he felt terrible, and apparently learned from it and is doing great now. He's got his pilot's license and is in college. I can't imagine how it would have been better if he was ostracized and not given any opportunities to continue on his career path.

I always said I want to see the Habs be more like the Expos were in targeting potential talent in the scrap heap & helping them turn it around while benefitting from leveraging their talent ...this pick qualifies.

Drug addict Otis Nixon, Pasquale Perez, alcoholic Dennis Martinez...

Reactions: CH1
I don't want to justify what he did cause it's flat out awful. I do think it needs to be put into perspective though. There's no way that this is close to the worst think that was done by any player drafted in the 1st round. At worst, others have done the same but not got caught. Doesn't make it better and doesn't mean it's not awful. There's a real chance that this really sets the kid on the straight and narrow.

My buddy's son did the same thing a couple of years ago. Good kid, was 17 years old and was getting laid for the first time in his life. He showed some friends a picture and got in some shit. Nothing too serious, there were no cops involved or anything. He ended up dating the girl for a couple of years. They only recently broke up.

His parents gave him shit and he felt terrible, and apparently learned from it and is doing great now. He's got his pilot's license and is in college. I can't imagine how it would have been better if he was ostracized and not given any opportunities to continue on his career path.
I've heard a looooot of stories about hockey players in Junior doing some bad shit. I have no idea if they're fact or not, but I've heard some stories from different people. And not just about random junior players, actual players in the NHL right now who most on these boards would love to have on their team.

If some people are looking to get saints to play on their team, boy some of you would be disappointed to learn to truth about some of your heroes.

There's a lot of shitty people in sports, hockey is no exception. I'm not excusing him for what he did, he did really a stupid thing when he was 17 and he'll always have that over him. I also don't participate in this cancel culture shit where so-called "accountability" is just synonymous with ruining someone's life.

This is what Bergevin does, he garners loyalty from players by becoming the lightning rod. He'll protect the kid now.

This is what Bergevin does, he garners loyalty from players by becoming the lightning rod. He'll protect the kid now.
Also…rarely do players/UFA want to come to Canadian teams….so fuck everyone, we will draft talent if it’s available, or sign the talented rejects if available

There had to be other “high risk, high reward” players available at 31 for the Habs to take. Ones that wouldn’t create a 💩 storm amongst the media and general public. Based off what the young woman that her picture taken has says, the Habs can start by working with Mailloux to come up a more sincere apology to the young woman. Apparently Mailloux first attempt to apologize left a lot to be desire.

Obviously the Habs must have talked to Mailloux , Hunter etc before making the pick. Otherwise it does not make sense.

You don't think Bergevin did this to convince Deangelo do you?
I absolutely do.

If you’re DeAngelo, wouldn’t you want to go to an org that you know will take the heat on your behalf, knowing they believe in you to turn it around?

Last edited:
Also…rarely do players/UFA want to come to Canadian teams….so fuck everyone, we will draft talent if it’s available, or sign the talented rejects if available
What he did was still wrong though, that can't be ignored.

I absolutely do.

If your DeAngelo, wouldn’t you want to go to an org that you know will take the heat on your behalf, knowing they believe in you to turn it around?
Deangelo is a man now and isnt heading in the right direction. I dont think they should touch him.

Back