• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Draft Thread

I see he was ranked in the 70s. Is there any reason we didn't wait until the serving round especially given the recent incident with him? I don't mind we took him but why not in the second where he was supposed to? Am I missing something.

DeAngelo @ 25 is still younger than Nixon, Perez, Martinez...probability says he can better himself as a human being.

even this guy did a 180 degree:

DeAngelo fits in perfectly with the Montreal Italian community

I see he was ranked in the 70s. Is there any reason we didn't wait until the serving round especially given the recent incident with him? I don't mind we took him but why not in the second where he was supposed to? Am I missing something.
He'd get selected at some point tomorrow.

They must have check with Goofery Molson, no? I mean, otherwise, it’s almost as if Bergevin wants to get fired.
Bergevin, say what you want about him, but he’s now got lots of breathing room in the media and fanbase…

People will move on pretty quickly from this

Apparently several teams were looking at possibly picking him in the second round and Habs don’t pick again till the 63rd pick, so odds we’re not good that Mailloux would still be around at 63. Bergevin clearly liked Mailloux better than anyone else available at 31 and did not want to risk anyone drafting him ahead of the Habs pick.

Yeah, really stupid and I hope he legitimately feels awful for doing it and he can somehow make it right. I have no idea how he can do that. I don't think an apology is enough on it's own.

I'm not sure what he can do for the victim beyond a genuine apology, but if there's something that can help, I hope he does it.

What he did was really shitty and I hope it's "just" a shitty thing he did and he's not a really shitty person. I know that none of us would look very good if we were judged solely on the worst thing we ever did.
Stupid and criminal.

The Habs did the victim and the player no favours. He did not want to be drafted.

Habs felt other teams would grab him…

Remember how we reached for Romanov in the 2nd round…how all the so-called media experts and fans complained that we could’ve had him in later rounds. Turns out Timmins felt other scouts also had him high on their draft list.

Same thing here with Mailloux
What are you talking about? Romanov was expected be a mid-first round pick until a few months before the draft, and then his stock fell.

What are you talking about? Romanov was expected be a mid-first round pick until a few months before the draft, and then his stock fell.
Yes…his stock fell…remember how everyone was surprised and said Timmins reached

Stupid and criminal.

The Habs did the victim and the player no favours. He did not want to be drafted.
I did stupid and criminal stuff at 17 years old too. It didn't involve sex... But I'm happy that it didn't ruin my life.

Anyways I'm fine with the pick if he was the best available at that slot and we didn't over reach just because he wouldn't be there in the second. I'd also like us to get DeAngelo. The guy can score for a D and might come cheap.

Stupid and criminal.

Of course he wanted to be drafted. He did a very dumb thing but he’s not a hardened criminal. He was a dumb 17 year old. It happens. Hopefully he’s learned some life lessons.

I've heard a looooot of stories about hockey players in Junior doing some bad shit. I have no idea if they're fact or not, but I've heard some stories from different people. And not just about random junior players, actual players in the NHL right now who most on these boards would love to have on their team.

If some people are looking to get saints to play on their team, boy some of you would be disappointed to learn to truth about some of your heroes.

There's a lot of shitty people in sports, hockey is no exception. I'm not excusing him for what he did, he did really a stupid thing when he was 17 and he'll always have that over him. I also don't participate in this cancel culture shit where so-called "accountability" is just synonymous with ruining someone's life.
Oh ya. I've got second hand stories for days.

But you were right about MB and character lies. Hawks sexual assault, linked to DAngelo, Voynov, and now this.

Back