• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Draft Thread

Tsn which I think is a survey of scouts...
Mailloux was ranked 35th on TSN's final draft rankings

Looking back at in season rankings he is in the 70s

It is a weird draft with covid but this wasn't a high reward pick

When asked if the Canadiens had cleared the pick with the NHL before selecting Mailloux, Bergevin said: “The player cannot, when I say legally, you cannot remove yourself from the draft. Even if you said so, you’re eligible to be drafted so that was clear with the league.

I see he was ranked in the 70s. Is there any reason we didn't wait until the serving round especially given the recent incident with him? I don't mind we took him but why not in the second where he was supposed to? Am I missing something.

Ranked a second rounder in the Hockey News

This is classic go for the home run in late first round kind of pick

He made a bad mistake but worth the gamble

As the report said , if your willing to risk a first , he is your guy

Total skill package is there , if the OHL had a season no reason why he wouldn’t be a top rookie

London is a development machine

Get him the proper help and let him do some community work to show that he is committed to being a better human being

He would of been gone by our second pick , just like Romy had a guarantee in the second

Oh ya. I've got second hand stories for days.

But you were right about MB and character lies. Hawks sexual assault, linked to DAngelo, Voynov, and now this.

The shit that went on with players in the 80’s and 90’s is way worse than this

I heard some doozy stories

Not really…if Weber is injured and gets operated, he’s on LTIR, and league cannot do anything about it. NHLPA wouldn’t allow league to cheat such obvious rules

Sure just like Robidas Island or the skin rash on Hossa

I wonder if the pick was some sort of virtue signaling to DeAngelo for July 28 - and he seemed to react positively from his burner account on Twitter. Other teams will be interested in him besides us, He’s talented.

I wonder if the pick was some sort of virtue signaling to DeAngelo for July 28 - and he seemed to react positively from his burner account on Twitter. Other teams will be interested in him besides us, He’s talented.

Ya but how many of those teams made it to the finals this year?

Hoffman/DeAngelo

Would most likely mean we aren't signing anyone else as we would have a bit of room free the following year for Suzuki's new deal or just a bit of room in case PD decided to come down to planet earth. Still wanted Hamilton/Landeskog, feels like we might be targeting the cheaper duo though.

Just had someone write a post on my FB about since they have a daughter they are extremely disappointed with the pick. I get it, I also don't understand how upset some fans are since I don't have a daughter and just a wild 7 year old son. At the same time, they are just securing his rights, he won't be playing with us for at least a couple of years and hopefully he has enough time to make amends until then. I would have traded a second+ to swap up in the 2nd to pick him but this club must really think they scored something picking him up 20+ spots earlier than where he should have gone.

Hoffman/DeAngelo

Would most likely mean we aren't signing anyone else as we would have a bit of room free the following year for Suzuki's new deal or just a bit of room in case PD decided to come down to planet earth. Still wanted Hamilton/Landeskog, feels like we might be targeting the cheaper duo though.
Must’ve missed the anonymous GM who told Friedman, UFAs have less interest than ever w signing in Canada due to a combination of taxes + social media pressure + pandemic restrictions

The kid behaved like an entitled little douchebag (playing the victim is especially galling), but this will blow over if he matures and gets his shit together. Think of Mario Lemieux...

Back