• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Draft Thread

Of course he wanted to be drafted. He did a very dumb thing but he’s not a hardened criminal. He was a dumb 17 year old. It happens. Hopefully he’s learned some life lessons.
I actually think / hope he planned to re enter the draft next year after proving himself.

If Bettman is mad at the Habs for this pick, he can get back at them by not allowing them to put Weber on LTIR.
Not really…if Weber is injured and gets operated, he’s on LTIR, and league cannot do anything about it. NHLPA wouldn’t allow league to cheat such obvious rules

Anyways I'm fine with the pick if he was the best available at that slot and we didn't over reach just because he wouldn't be there in the second. I'd also like us to get DeAngelo. The guy can score for a D and might come cheap.
Hard draft to judge but he was anywhere from 15th to 45th on lists before this.

Yah, getting into a scrape with the law in another country is usually a really bad idea. And that was just Sweden. They would have caned his ass in Singapore.

The Charlatan doesn't care about off the ice ka rek tur, he never has. If he did, he never would have signed Radulov, or traded for Kassian, or allegedly try to acquire DeAngelo, etc.

He loves his on-ice warriors, though.

His life would not be ruined if the Habs did not draft him.
Well if the Habs weren't supposed to take him, I assume nobody should have taken him.

I guess "life ruined" might not be the right wording. Career ruined.

I actually think / hope he planned to re enter the draft next year after proving himself.
He can't remove himself from the draft once in, it's now clear other teams were going to take him. Bergevin must have liked him more than what's left.

The Charlatan doesn't care about off the ice ka rek tur, he never has. If he did, he never would have signed Radulov, or traded for Kassian, or allegedly try to acquire DeAngelo, etc.

He loves his on-ice warriors, though.
He also loves loyalty

Not really…if Weber is injured and gets operated, he’s on LTIR, and league cannot do anything about it. NHLPA wouldn’t allow league to cheat such obvious rules
He’s the commissioner, he’ll make a new rule to stop the Habs. Or have Weber go through league approved doctors to see if Weber really needs to have surgery. Or fine the Habs for spreading false information about Price’s hip. Or take the draft in 2022 away from the Habs. Or have Chris Lee referee EVERY Habs game. Bettman seems like the type to hold a petty grudge against someone.

Well if the Habs weren't supposed to take him, I assume nobody should have taken him.

I guess "life ruined" might not be the right wording. Career ruined.
Ideally nobody would have took him this year. He plays in the Ohl and doesn't do anything stupid and then re enters the draft.

Ideally nobody would have took him this year. He plays in the Ohl and doesn't do anything stupid and then re enters the draft.
That was never going to happen in a league that rewards success. Several teams were going to take him.

It's how he carries himself from here. What's done is done.

Everyone keeps saying Habs should draft high risk high reward...well this is “that pick”
Not really. It isn't high reward. This isn't a top 10 pick. He was picked about where he was supposed to go without the charge.

For those who think Geoff will fire MB for this pick, dream on. With Geoff’s apparent approval, MB brought Kassian here, tried to sign Slava Voynov, and tried to trade for Tony DeAngelo. If Geoff was willing to stomach Voynov, who actually apparently did commit a serious crime, I doubt this kid is such a big deal to him.

Last edited:
Back