• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Draft Thread

I can’t believe what poor production this draft has. I know it’s not an exciting production, but there’s way too long between picks. Clock doesn’t seem to run during commercials, or interviews. And clock starts from scratch when there’s a trade.
It's covid. I'm sure next year will be better.

Couldn't be worse.

And the girl did stupid girl shit. Logan wasn't her boyfriend, just some random guy she hooked up with and decided to blow. If I were her father I'd be just as pissed at her as with him. Lack of judgement on both sides.

It was consensual and she had every right not to expect this dumb entitled jock to send those pictures. “Slut shaming” is not cool.

It’s on him.

I can’t believe what poor production this draft has. I know it’s not an exciting production, but there’s way too long between picks. Clock doesn’t seem to run during commercials, or interviews. And clock starts from scratch when there’s a trade.

Not much you can do in this format

Drags on way too long in a normal draft when a wedding party of guests make their way to the podium to show off their kid and seeing the weasel shaking hands

Also, my experience IRL is that which ever person is offended the most wins the argument.
It's the victim Olympics.

Been working for progressive nonprofits for 30 years I recently had a 22-year-old wokesplain to me my white privilege.

It was really quite cute.

The NHL doesn't put much money in the draft because they don't need to. The only people who watch it are the absolute nutbag hardcore draft folk like me and they'll watch regardless of what kind of product they put out.

Been working for progressive nonprofits for 30 years I recently had a 22-year-old wokesplain to me my white privilege.

Let me guess.

Studying in the humanities with Lesbian Dance Theory on the side?

The NHL doesn't put much money in the draft because they don't need to. The only people who watch it are the absolute nutbag hardcore draft folk like me and they'll watch regardless of what kind of product they put out.

That’s the same for all live drafts except the NFL where more casual fans tune in

Does the person also think Jordan Peterson is Hitler and that capitalism is the root of all evil, while texting to his/her/zheir's woke brethren on the new 2021 iPhone?

Moving down is dumb. I’d like to use all these picks to move up.

this sounds good to me; next yr's draft should be better

Ducks trade with Canadiens to get another third-round pick, take defenseman Tyson Hinds of Rimouski (QMJHL). Believe they dealt a third-round pick in 2022.

Yup. Montreal's 2021 third for Anaheim's 2022 third.

Anaheim's probably going to be in the cellar next year again, so an early 3rd in a better draft.

No issue for me.

Yeah. Better draft next year. I'm good with moving out picks for the next year or two replacement.

Holy shit, this is as stupid a take as I've seen.

The sexual activity wasn't the bad judgment here.

Did she agree to have the picture taken? That changes the story for me.

Would not make him right AT ALL, but it certainly does not make her smart. And I would give my daughter shit in the same scenario.

Back