• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Draft Thread

Dude, you know you’re just being provocative. Posting that crap without consent? Yeah it’s been done a million times right? Well it’s wrong a million times too.

“Kostenko can be a maddening player to watch- there is a lot of offensive skill and ability there, but there are real concerns pertaining to defensive play. He possesses one of the best sets of hands in this year’s MHL class, his passes are crisp and accurate, and his slap shot has some power behind it. However, all too often, he seems lost or unwilling to compete without the puck, especially in the defensive zone. This is only exacerbated by playing in the VHL. Additionally, while his skating looks fine when on the attack, the mechanics seem to break down a bit when reacting to an attacking player.” – Ross Martin/The Draft Analyst

Canadiens take RHD Dmitri Kostenko at No. 87 overall. Our Corey Pronman had Kostenko ranked 41st on his final list, Scott Wheeler had him at 52nd.

Did she agree to have the picture taken? That changes the story for me.

Would not make him right AT ALL, but it certainly does not make her smart. And I would give my daughter shit in the same scenario.
Sounds like she didn't know about the picture.

No father's want their teenage daughters out there having sex, of course. But she did nothing wrong. He did.

Dude, you know you’re just being provocative. Posting that crap without consent? Yeah it’s been done a million times right? Well it’s wrong a million times too.
Is it "we shouldn't draft a 6'2", 215lb player who would have otherwise been selected 15 rings higher because he did something stupid" wrong? Because I don't think it meets that bar. He did a dumb thing. He didn't assault her. Let's not put him in the same pile as racist like D'Angelo. This is Auston Matthews mooning a security guard level stuff. It shouldn't be career ending.

Is it "we shouldn't draft a 6'2", 215lb player who would have otherwise been selected 15 rings higher because he did something stupid" wrong? Because I don't think it meets that bar. He did a dumb thing. He didn't assault her. Let's not put him in the same pile as racist like D'Angelo. This is Auston Matthews mooning a security guard level stuff. It shouldn't be career ending.
Way to completely miss the point

Also, way to move the goalpost.

Guy has promiscuous sex - High five
Girl has promiscuous sex - slut
I'm not giving him a high five. I'm just not giving her a free pass. It takes two to tango.

And in any event this is so minor an incident that it's an insult to actual sex assault victims to even mention it in the same breath as any of them. This is on par with Matthews pulling his pants down in front of the female security guard. A tempest in a teapot.

I'm not giving him a high five. I'm just not giving her a free pass. It takes two to tango.

And in any event this is so minor an incident that it's an insult to actual sex assault victims to even mention it in the same breath as any of them. This is on par with Matthews pulling his pants down in front of the female security guard. A tempest in a teapot.
Thank you.
I thought some of my takes were archaic.
You win.

Back