• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Draft Thread

Still ignoring the false equivalency I see. Dude, you've said your piece. Peace.
The equivalency isn't false. Bad judgment is bad judgment.

The only relevant question here is this: is this kid's transgression so severe that you want the Habs to ignore his hockey playing ability altogether and not draft him? If the answer is no, and it should be, then there's nothing further to discuss here. Besides, it's not like he's going to be on the opening night roster this October. This kid is years away from playing for the Habs, if he ever does. Time heals all wounds.

I love 75 year olds takes on things like this

When Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin and assistant GM Trevor Timmins elected to draft Logan Mailloux, they committed a tone-deaf, indefensible gaffe that will affect this organization for decades. In one clumsy and callous move, they managed to kill the upbeat vibe following a remarkable playoff run, to enrage a good portion of the fan base and to give a very strong indication that their grasp of 21st century social issues is virtually nil.

Jesus Christ, Jack. We get it

It'll be forgotten in a couple of years. It'll come up again if he makes the NHL for another year then fizzle again. That's just the way it is.

When Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin and assistant GM Trevor Timmins elected to draft Logan Mailloux, they committed a tone-deaf, indefensible gaffe that will affect this organization for decades. In one clumsy and callous move, they managed to kill the upbeat vibe following a remarkable playoff run, to enrage a good portion of the fan base and to give a very strong indication that their grasp of 21st century social issues is virtually nil.

After he mentioned the part that they drafted Mailloux, everything else is pure conjunction. Affect this organization for decades, lol.

the concept of cancelling kids is so bizarre. I'm a high school teacher and kids do dumb shit all the time. All we promote is learn your lesson, don't do the dumb thing again, be a better person because of it. Grow.

I don't approve of what he did, but I really don't approve of cancelling kids.

Oh, the irony here. Jack Todd is a “criminal” as well, putting aside the morality and/or politics of what he did - deserted from the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War and moved to Vancouver.

Last edited:
If they take hockey seriously... watch out.
Yup.

Hosting the World Championships was big for them. They made a really big thing out of it. Having Leon Draisaitl, a top-5 player in hockey, is a great plus. Almost beating the Russians in the 2018 Olympics.

Those 3 things will elevate German hockey, and you're seeing more and more German players get selected. The German Junior leagues used to be completely ignored by scouts, similar to the Norwegian Junior leagues, and while they're not hotbeds like Sweden/Finland are, you have some good prospects every year there.

If Germany puts some money and time into it, they could start making some noise. Germany could easily become like Finland in how they pump out players.

Yeah. It was a boutique sport in the Alps.

But they have a yuge talent pool for sports and they dedicate f@ck tonnes of money. Not everyone can excel at soccer.

Dunno about their coach development.

Back