• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Draft Thread

Another example: Adrian Peterson beat the shit out of his kid, showed zero remorse for it and is universally loved.

Adrian was suspended for the rest of the season (15 games) and there was a lot of media pressure on the Vikes to outright release him.

As I mentioned the other day, part of the problem here is that none of the outraged journos controlling the narrative have offered a concrete punishment — they just want to point fingers to show how woke they are.

The other diff between the NFL and NHL involves race and privilege. Adrian was beating his child the same way he was “disciplined” himself as a kid. A big chunk of NFL players also grew up losing family members to homicide so the aggressors are also victims in the court of popular culture.

Mailloux represents the other side of the divide so no way his privileged ass will garner any sympathy —he will have to earn it over time

As for Timmins presser, he choked so hard on that question. Not sure why, he had answered a similar question just a few mins earlier.

he should have been better prepared by the Habs spin team... or maybe he was but was so tired after a stupid long draft day that he scored an “own goal”

Adrian was suspended for the rest of the season (15 games) and there was a lot of media pressure on the Vikes to outright release him.

As I mentioned the other day, part of the problem here is that none of the outraged journos controlling the narrative have offered a concrete punishment — they just want to point fingers to show how woke they are.

The other diff between the NFL and NHL involves race and privilege. Adrian was beating his child the same way he was “disciplined” himself as a kid. A big chunk of NFL players also grew up losing family members to homicide so the aggressors are also victims in the court of popular culture.

Mailloux represents the other side of the divide so no way his privileged ass will garner any sympathy —he will have to earn it over time
What's wrong with Sweden's legal system? It's dealt with him, hasn't it? I suppose the woman can also sue him for money damages after he turns 18 if she wants to but I'm not familiar with Swedish law.

Last edited:
What's wrong with Sweden's legal system? It's dealt with him, hasn't it? I suppose the woman can also sue him for money adamages if she wants to but I'm not familiar with Swedish law.
Been my argument the whole time. This is about people not being satisfied with the remedy available and vigilante justice.

The woke don't care though.

What's wrong with Sweden's legal system? They've dealt with him.
Nothing wrong with it... but nobody scrolling thru their feed or TSN highlights cares.

there are two courts; legal and cultural and we’re obviously dealing with the latter here, evidenced by how much more play "the Habs are a disgrace” is getting compared to "what's wrong with Sweden"

Nothing wrong with it... but nobody scrolling thru their feed or TSN highlights cares.

there are two courts; legal and cultural and we’re obviously dealing with the latter here, evidenced by how much more play "the Habs are a disgrace” is getting compared to "what's wrong with Sweden"
Yeah had a team like Nashville taken him the fallout would be far far less.

Wasn’t Sean Burke accused of domestic violence?

Paul Maurice thereafter:

`I’m not going to sit the guy out because I’m trying to make a public relations move,″ Hurricanes coach Paul Maurice said.

``We are talking about human beings here. Yes he’s an athlete and yes he’s a public figure, but there are two human beings involved in a difficult situation and they are trying to work through that,″ Maurice added. ``There is not a lot of denial going on. They are trying to work through it. What they need is support from everyone _ their family, the family on the ice and their new family in North Carolina.″

The more I read about this the more I think he's an insecure kid that was looking for affirmation at the expense of the girl in question. This makes me wonder if he's mature enough for the league. We shall see.
He isn't mature enough for this league, mostly because he's 17. No 17 year old is mature enough and most 18 and 19 year olds arent either. But maturation is a process. He'll get there.

Besides, there are plenty of guys in this league earning regular paychecks who are about as mature as toddlers. The only thing that matters is whether or not he can play. People pretend they care about other things but they don't. If Ray Lewis can kill someone and pay no penalty then certainly this kid can play NHL hockey despite his minot maturity issues.

I don't think anyone (Except WeHave because, well, that's his modus operandi) is excusing what he did or is making light of it, and he'll have that hanging over him for a large part of hi career. In the end, he did a really shitty (and illegal) thing and he's living with the consequences of that action.

I have no idea if his apologies are sincere or not, I hope they are. I have no idea if he's a piece of shit human being or just someone that's really insecure. I like to think that he was 17, in a foreign country, looking for some sort of validation and made a really stupid mistake. And I'm really hoping that it's the only issue that'll ever arise for him, because he doesn't have much leeway.
I never excused what he did. I merely pointed out that there were two people involved and that neither one of them distinguished themselves with their decision making. They were both guilty of poor judgment but that, in and of itself is not illegal. Disseminating photos without consent is illegal. So in addition to being stupid, young Master Logan also broke the law and was obliged to pay restitution.

What I object to are the people with their phony outrage talking about this kid like he raped a nun or something and talking about this girl like she was the victim of a sexual assault, which she is not. Everything depicted in those photos was consensual. The taking of the pictures themselves was consensual. The only thing thst wasn't was the sharing of them with Logan's buddies.

In other words, this was the most minor of youthful indiscretions and it can all be chalked up to bad decision making on both parties involved. Anyone trying to make this into anything more is just grandstanding. This kid is not Ray Lewis or Ray Rice. But clowns like Craig Button and the woke crew at ESPN 2 want us to believe he is.

Still ignoring the false equivalency I see. Dude, you've said your piece. Peace.

Wasn’t Sean Burke accused of domestic violence?

Paul Maurice thereafter:

`I’m not going to sit the guy out because I’m trying to make a public relations move,″ Hurricanes coach Paul Maurice said.

``We are talking about human beings here. Yes he’s an athlete and yes he’s a public figure, but there are two human beings involved in a difficult situation and they are trying to work through that,″ Maurice added. ``There is not a lot of denial going on. They are trying to work through it. What they need is support from everyone _ their family, the family on the ice and their new family in North Carolina.″
Let's not forget Patrick Roy and his ex wife. The Denverncops were called to his house if i recall correctly. I don't believe he missed any games because of it and his reputation hasn't suffered either.

If you can play, it all just goes away.

Back