• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Draft Thread

Seems like maybe they should have taken him? I don’t know anymore, Bergevin is off grid.
Like you said, Bergevin should not be dealing with them. Or else make the price higher. If Tampa wants to trade up, you don't want to have any stake in who they pick, because it will likely bite you. This guy sounds like he should have gone long before.

OK with Roy at that position based on his reports. Probably farm club material. Not a fan of the day as a whole. Timmins draft, going for the obscure. They ignored the Russian I wanted early, and picked unknowns from there later.Anyone over in Russia with a clue working for us, giving us intel on these players? Hope so.

Hope I'm surprised by at least a couple of picks, for a change.

Like you said, Bergevin should not be dealing with them. Or else make the price higher. If Tampa wants to trade up, you don't want to have any stake in who they pick, because it will likely bite you. This guy sounds like he should have gone long before.
Exactly. I’m used to the nfl draft, where the current pick is worth more than next year. Tampa wants a guy and you make basically a 100% parallel trade?

I get next years draft is better, but a bird in hand…

OK with Roy at that position based on his reports. Probably farm club material. Not a fan of the day as a whole. Timmins draft.

Hope I'm surprised by some of them, for a change.
Agreed. Feels exactly the same as recent years. D in the first round, a Russian project D, a Finnish winger. We’re too predictable

Xavier Simoneau, C, Drummondville/Charlottetown (QMJHL)​

FCHockey rank: 238

A favorite overager candidate of many scouts a class ago, Simoneau has continually shown he can play a high-intensity, offensively creative game at the QMJHL level. Scoring has never been an issue for the forward, who amassed 37 points (10 goals, 27 assists) in 27 games in 2020-21 and 89 points (28 goals, 61 assists) in 61 games the season prior.
The productivity and willingness are there, Lehoux suggested.
“Simoneau is an energized, competitive and talented playmaker who is willing to do anything that puts his team in a favorable position to win,” he said. “Drummondville’s captain leads by example, going 110 percent, 100 percent of the time.
“There’s definitely no guarantee Simoneau will get drafted this year since his size is a major concern for teams and he obviously hasn’t grown one bit. That said, his incredible leadership and skill set were on full display this season, which should have attracted the attention of many. Simoneau deserves to be drafted, as he did for the past two years.”

I have a good vibe about Daniil Sobolev -- choosing Windsor over Russia because he doesn't feel Russia will let him develop his offensive game

Back