• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Draft Thread

How is this girl any more of a "victim" than that single mom who was forced to see Matthews' hairy ass? And how is this kid any more deserving of having his career ended than Matthews? People are talking about this incident like it's rape and it isn't. It's a big fat nothingburger that will be all but forgotten by the time this kid plays his first NHL game, if he ever does.

All I know is that if not for this incident the kid would have been drafted long before the Habs turn at 31 came up. That makes him a steal. What he did had no impact on his ability to play hockey. He's still as good a player today as he was the day before the incident came to light.

He's made his apology and paid the fine. It's time for all parties to move along.
None of what you posted here addresses the mentality you’re using that her actions are the same as his. That’s what people took exception to, you saying she’s a slut and therefore she has culpability. It’s ridiculous.

let's hope Tampa is wrong for once...but not sure why Habs wouldn't take a chance

Seems like maybe they should have taken him? I don’t know anymore, Bergevin is off grid.

Fuck off, you clearly veered from the hockey aspect once you equated her actions to his because you know… slut.

Just stop already.
Because she is equally guilty of poor judgment. There's no law against making poor decisions but there are potential consequences.

If I step off the curb into traffic and get hit by a car I'm the victim because by law the pedestrian always has the right of way. But I am nevertheless guilty of poor judgment and the consequences of that poor judgment are mine to bear even though I am still technically the victim.

This has nothing to do with shaming. It's a simple acknowledgement of the fact that her poor judgment played a role. She isn't some innocent waif, in fact she's older than he is. For his part he apologized publicly, paid the fine and offered to remove himself from the entry draft (even though it was never his decision to make). Does he also have to wear a hair shirt and flagellate himself to satisfy the mob? Who decides when he's finally suffered enough and paid his penance? Craig Button? Eric Engels?

What more of this kid is required exactly? Because I don't recall this level of outrage back when Patrick Kane or Auston Matthews acted like idiots and both of them were older than this kid.

Because she is equally guilty of poor judgment. There's no law against making poor decisions but there are potential consequences.

If I step off the curb into traffic and get hit by a car I'm the victim because by law the pedestrian always has the right of way. But I am nevertheless guilty of poor judgment and the consequences of that poor judgment are mine to bear even though I am still technically the victim.

This has nothing to do with shaming. It's a simple acknowledgement of the fact that her poor judgment played a role. She isn't some innocent waif, in fact she's older than he is. For his part he apologized publicly, paid the fine and offered to remove himself from the entry draft (even thought was never his decision to make). Does he also have to wear a hair shirt and flagellate himself to satisfy the mob? Who decides when he's finally suffered enough and paid his penance? Craig Button? Eric Engels?

What more of this kid is required exactly? Because I don't recall this level of outrage back when Patrick Kane or Auston Matthews acted like idiots and both of them were older than this kid.
I’m starting to believe that you’re this obtuse unintentionally.

Follow me here

Both agreed to sex so in that aspect they’re equal

She allegedly agreed to the pic being taken but NOT distributed.

He distributed and even exposed her identity.

in other words, the assumption of privacy in an intimate setting (which is a very valid assumption and why signed releases are actually required for distribution) is broken.

The indiscretion is on him, not her. No matter how many ways you try to spin it.

I’m starting to believe that you’re this obtuse unintentionally.
What's obtuse about actions carrying consequences? Do stupid shit, win stupid prizes. It doesn't excuse what he did and it doesn't mean he should get to walk away scot free. And in this case he didnt. He was charged, he apologized and he paid the fine.

So again. What more do you require of this young man before you'll allow him to play hockey for the Montreal Canadiens?

Back