• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Draft Thread

By telling teams don’t pick me , shows how embarrassed he felt for what he did

He probably needed a year off to get back on track
Or it was lip service. I've since read the apology, it's lacking.

I wonder if the pick was some sort of virtue signaling to DeAngelo for July 28 - and he seemed to react positively from his burner account on Twitter. Other teams will be interested in him besides us, He’s talented.
Yeah. Said that already.

Or it was lip service. I've since read the apology, it's lacking.

Probably written by the agent’s firm. That said, he put himself in a lose lose situation - pretty much anything he was going to write would fall short. Actions speaks louder than words, and his road to normalization starts with meaningful gesture to the victim.

I didn't know we weren't picking till 63. Guess we don't have a shot at some of the forwards we mentioned. But who knows, there has got to be more potential value in the later rounds this year you would think given the screwed up season.

I haven't seen this much outrage over a Habs 1st rounder since the Carey Price pick.

All you need to know about the mental state of Habs fandom in general.

As for the media going full court press on this with outrage due to their moral grandstanding, give me a break They cover the team on the road and everywhere else and bury all sorts of stories. It's no secret that professional sports sub-culture is based on misogyny, womanizing, and all sorts of other actions that are not kind and respectful towards women. The media fails to report these because they need stories and want to protect their sources. Basu and the rest of these guys must have never heard of Chelios, Svoboda, and Corson.

As for the "I have a daughter so I am outraged", again out of place judgement one upping those who have only boys (or may not have any kids). It implies they know more because they are a girl dad. Well, I have 4 daughters and I am not outraged by this pick. Every drama queen out there should give it a rest.

I haven't seen this much outrage over a Habs 1st rounder since the Carey Price pick.

All you need to know about the mental state of Habs fandom in general.

As for the media going full court press on this with outrage due to their moral grandstanding, give me a break They cover the team on the road and everywhere else and bury all sorts of stories. It's no secret that professional sports sub-culture is based on misogyny, womanizing, and all sorts of other actions that are not kind and respectful towards women. The media fails to report these because they need stories and want to protect their sources. Basu and the rest of these guys must have never heard of Chelios, Svoboda, and Corson.

As for the "I have a daughter so I am outraged", again out of place judgement towards those who have only boys (or may not have any kids). It implies they know more because they are a girl dad. Well, I have 4 daughters and I am not outraged by this pick. Every drama queen out there should give it a rest.
Drama sells in the journalism world

Everyone on the Habs beat (in the Franco and English articles that I read) are disgusted that Bergy picked Mailloux.

That's fine. They can react however they want but nobody appalled had the balls to suggest what the proper penalty should be for Mailloux.

I didn't hear anyone suggest he should not be allowed to play in the OHL....and barring that, his goal to play in the NHL someday is still intact, regardless when he got drafted.

Him getting drafted this year or the next, by the Habs or the Jets seems to be a matter of optics.

Everyone on the Habs beat (in the Franco and English articles that I read) are disgusted that Bergy picked Mailloux.

That's fine. They can react however they want but nobody appalled had the balls to suggest what the proper penalty should be for Mailloux.

I didn't hear anyone suggest he should not be allowed to play in the OHL....and barring that, his goal to play in the NHL someday is still intact, regardless when he got drafted.

Him getting drafted this year or the next, by the Habs or the Jets seems to be a matter of optics.

Someone would have drafted him today. Dubas, who is deparate and without picks this draft, would be a prime candidate to try something like this.

Drama sells in the journalism world
It does but the OMG drama is over the top. These Leaf Fan (Hab haters mostly) who make up the majority of the media out there are getting their licks in. I mean, it was 3-1 and they can't get over it.

Honestly, he may never wear a Habs uniform EVER. It's a late 1st rounder in a pandemic draft. This is the Montreal Canadiens. The org know nothing can cause a chip in that armor.

Speaking of womanizing etc, Jackie Redmond is showing even better this morning.

Its been awhile..last I saw her was on the MLB network a couple of years back when I had the channel for awhile.

Back