• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Draft Thread

St Hubert's better than it once was, but it's still lower tier chicken.

It's still for people who have no idea what a good restaurant is and dress up real fancy for it.

What gave it away, the styrofoam salt “gravy” containers?

That the majority of their business comes from takeouts, the hallmark of fine dinning.

Chalet BBQ on Sherbrooke in NDG is the only place to go. Ironically one of the people who started Chalet BBQ back in 1944 later moved to Toronto and started up Swiss Chalet in 1952.

St-Hubert is solid for chain fast food, it's noticeably better than Swiss Chalet/Boston Market. You can't compare it to a mom'n pop/sit real sit down restaurant. The chicken places to go nowadays are the Portuguese ones around the Plateau area.

I hope this pick is worth it for all the short-term trouble it's causing, over-reaction or not. There's a lot of defending of the pick when Beaulieu was bashed a few years ago for being a similarly skilled and talented meathead. I guess they're playing the long-term game thinking this will blow over and that he'll stay clean for the rest of his career under the spotlight.

St-Hubert is solid for chain fast food, it's noticeably better than Swiss Chalet/Boston Market. You can't compare it to a mom'n pop/sit real sit down restaurant. The chicken places to go nowadays are the Portuguese ones around the Plateau area.

I hope this pick is worth it for all the short-term trouble it's causing, over-reaction or not. There's a lot of defending of the pick when Beaulieu was bashed a few years ago for being a similarly skilled and talented meathead. I guess they're playing the long-term game thinking this will blow over and that he'll stay clean for the rest of his career under the spotlight.
Ma Poulle Mouillé in front of La Banquise on Rachel might be the best chicken place in all of Montreal. So damn good.

Ma Poulle Mouillé in front of La Banquise on Rachel might be the best chicken place in all of Montreal. So damn good.
That’s exactly the place I was thinking of. I also remember going there, getting that massive meal with drink and thinking they must have forgot to include something in the price as it was so cheap.

Damn right.

@Sal_Butera - Portugese chicken to go with that drink I owe you, next time you're in town?
Oh man there used to be this wonderful Portuguese resto in the Plateau that made awesome churassco chicken - initially called Bistro Duluth for years then changed to La Braza. Then Tony decided to retire, kids didn’t want it, and my heart broke.

Chez Doval was another place I’ve been going to for ages, and is sensational but is more a fish & seafood place...

Portuguese Social club has some incredible dishes too & not expensive

Thanks...I’m starving now

PM Trudeau is disappointed .......LOL

Coming from a crook at its finest
He needs to just shut up and lay off the virtue signaling for 5 minutes.

He also should have been smart enough to see that the question was a trap, a trap he could have easily avoided by simply claiming not to know the particulars of the case. After all, as PM he should have better and more important things to do besides follow the NHL draft. He needs to feign ignorance and shrug like his dad used to when reporters tried to drag him into some BS controversy.

Oh man there used to be this wonderful Portuguese resto in the Plateau that made awesome churassco chicken - initially called Bistro Duluth for years then changed to La Braza. Then Tony decided to retire, kids didn’t want it, and my heart broke.

Chez Doval was another place I’ve been going to for ages, and is sensational but is more a fish & seafood place...

Portuguese Social club has some incredible dishes too & not expensive

Thanks...I’m starving now

Those were my spots when I was in Montreal.

He needs to just shut up and lay off the virtue signaling for 5 minutes.

He also should have been smart enough to see that the question was a trap, a trap he could have easily avoided by simply claiming not to know the particulars of the case. After all, as PM he should have better and more important things to do besides follow the NHL draft. He needs to feign ignorance and shrug like his dad used to when reporters tried to drag him into some BS controversy.
bingo, now he appears to be a hypocrite as he expected forgiveness for his youthful "transgressions" and asked for the public to give him their vote, yet he is now against us giving Mailloux a second chance. Total trap and he fell into it.

Back