• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 NHL/Miscellaneous News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After open heart surgery 47 days ago, Henrik Lundqvist is on the ice.


Good for him. It helps to be in top physical condition going in to any kind of cardiac event. 6 weeks and change is about when they started letting me get proper exercise again.
 
I know! But it seems like every time that I want to watch a game on NBC/NBC Sports, it's a damn stinkin' Wash v Pitt game.
 
They talked about how quick Pittsburgh was in OT which is funny because I thought they were somewhat less slow than the Caps who seemed fairly lethargic.
 
They talked about how quick Pittsburgh was in OT which is funny because I thought they were somewhat less slow than the Caps who seemed fairly lethargic.
Both of them seemed bored a bit with seeing each other again. Flipped back and forth between it and Sens/Habs game. Hockey was meh on that one but the hatred is fun to watch.
 
Julien and Muller are out in Montreal!


Interesting. They've lost 5 out of 6 ... two in extra time ... and have really struggled with Ottawa again for some reason. You guys know I'm no fan of Julien, so I'd never criticize a team for cutting him loose, but this season seems infinitely save-able without making this move. Whatever ... have fun with it.
 
I think that is the right move for Montreal to make. They have to do something to shake things up. They made a bunch of moves to improve the team in the offseason and are on a pretty bad skid that has taken them from 'cruising to a playoff spot' to 'on the bubble'. Their problems go deeper than just coaching though, its not helping that they are paying Carey Price huge bucks and are only getting Petr Mrazek level goaltending from him.
 
Last edited:
I think that is the right move for Montreal to make. They have to do something to shake things up. They made a bunch of moves to improve the team in the offseason and are on a pretty bad skid that has taken them from 'cruising to a playoff spot' to 'on the bubble'. Their problems go deeper than just coaching though, its not helping that they are paying Carey Price to play like Petr Mrazek.
I mean, honestly ... that team is constructed to be about where they are. For my money it's a 6-10 in the East kind of lineup and filtering through the current setup, they should be looking at 2nd or 3rd in Canada. They aren't really poorly positioned to do that, unless they are convinced that Julien has lost his room and can't get then back on better footing after this rough patch. But whatever ... Julien is a stubborn old goat and if they wanted to ship the guy out, then that's fine.

Ducharme's name rang a bell for being something other than an AHL and major juniors coach so I looked at his history. Yup ... he was a Raleigh Ice Cap for a hot minute back in 95-96.
 
They’re 4-0-1 against Vancouver, 5-5-3 against everyone else.
I get that ... again, I don't have a problem with them making a change. I just wonder if Julien wasn't also perfectly capable of figuring out how to make the playoffs with this group. Whatever ... maybe Bergevin got sick of talking to the giant lump.
 
I get that ... again, I don't have a problem with them making a change. I just wonder if Julien wasn't also perfectly capable of figuring out how to make the playoffs with this group. Whatever ... maybe Bergevin got sick of talking to the giant lump.
LeBrun speculates that Bergevin wanted to intervene before the recent slump became a prolonged spiral.

 
Based on my limited viewing of them, if Julien could simply figure out 3 on 3 hockey then they'd probably be fine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top