• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 NHL/Miscellaneous News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading to Vegas boys (and girls)! Sorry I'm not up to date on other pronouns.

So pumped!

I'm applying my 'who do I root for if not us?' logic, which means that I'm pulling for Vegas.

cmaleski 'if not us logic'

- Pull for team(s) that have NEVER won the "current" championship before (some exceptions apply)

- If all teams in play have won a championship, rank teams in order of obnoxiousness levels of fans (worst fans to the bottom)

- Exception list, no matter what, never pull for:

MLB - Yankees
Football - Eagles
NHL - Capitals Sabres Flyers Rangers Devils Leafs Penguins Flames (as long as Elias Lindholm is on the team)
College BB: Duke (that is a UCONN thing from way back when I was in school for me, not just a general 'most people hate Duke'

For the Cup this year, that leaves me with:

Vegas
Habs
Tampa
Islanders

Those bottom 2 are close, I fear Tampa fans will become insufferable if they win another Cup. But Islander fans? They are already over the top obnoxious, if they win a Cup here it will just take them to a whole other level. No thanks.

The only beef I have with Montreal and SOME fans is when they deride other hockey markets. That isn't just a Montreal thing of course. But most Montreal fans are pretty respectful and certainly they all have well deserved long term pride in their franchise and its history.

Are you actually going out to Vegas to attend games Habsy?

Last edited:
Let me back up a bit here. I would love to see *Eric Staal* win another Cup. I didn't say anything about a *team* winning the Cup. At least while I'm still in my mourning period. Who knows how long that will go on. Some seasons, it's only a week. Other seasons, it goes on until the following preseason. I have a feeling that it will be shorter this season.

A very long time ago, I was doing an audit at a factory in Royston, GA. There is nothing in Royston except for a small museum for Ty Cobb’s birthplace. The cost accounting manager didn’t take kindly to a couple of Yankees telling him that some of his internal controls were deficient. some people have their diplomas on their wall, he had a proclamation from the Governor promoting him to Colonel in the Georgia National Guard. He had a precise pyramid of various caliber bullets on his credenza. He also informed us that y’all is plural. Then when I moved here, I was informed that the plural of y’all is all y’all. So this Yankee is confused and doesn’t use either. I use “you guys”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back